Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    I donít remember my PFL having slow shifts

with these dual clutch boxes designed as an auto replacement, they will vary shift speed depending on parameters like throttle and load even in their sportier mode, so if youíre just pottering around it wonít do a quick snappy shift

When youíre leaning into the throttle itíll shift quicker and crisper
    Its the reaction time that is slow ie pull the paddle then wait wait wait ok I will now shift. Driving along the DSG behaves nicely. Even in Sport mode driving the shifts are smooth and downshifts automatically smoothly too. Its simply the interaction time between paddle and execution thats slow.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    Finally got the car.

Seats are comfortable - I tihnk they sit lower than the S3 and I think the side bolsters on the seat are soft vs the S3 being stiffer
    Congratulations mate, she looks great. I agree, definitely lower and the seem wider and software than the S3.
    • 2016 S3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | PP1 | Roof | Assistance Package (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights (CURRENT)

3. Default

Its the reaction time that is slow ie pull the paddle then wait wait wait ok I will now shift. Driving along the DSG behaves nicely. Even in Sport mode driving the shifts are smooth and downshifts automatically smoothly too. Its simply the interaction time between paddle and execution thats slow.
    Yep thatís right

Do a wot high rpm shift itíll be quicker
    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

Finally got the car.

Attachment 31496
    Attachment 31497

Great sounding engine
    Engine has a great sense of urgency
    In auto gear shifts are crisp
    In Sport mode and paddle shifts are sloooooooooow - I dislike the fact you push to change and it takes a while for the gear to change ie take place not the action of gear change
    MMI is OK not Great - have seen worse
    Exhaust note isnt a total disaster yes its quiet but I havent pushed it hard to see what it really sounds like
    Seats are comfortable - I tihnk they sit lower than the S3 and I think the side bolsters on the seat are soft vs the S3 being stiffer
    Love the smaller interior to the boat of a Commodore
    Love the knee pads
    Dislike the alcantara - it just doesnt have a nice feel in the hand, to me anyway.

Looking forward to really opening it up and giving a good old fashioned flogging
    congrats! Looking good! Did your one come with CF caps (seems the case in your photo).

5. Default

Bbk hot off the press from Reyland UK

• 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    Bbk hot off the press from Reyland UK

Absolutely MAGNIFICENT. Ya can't beat Aps. Most impressive looking brakes I've seen. What car are these going on?...I'd hate to think of the cost!!!...Well done.
    Pickles.