Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Freaking out is not what I'd call passing on 20 years experience with Alcantara. Sort of a really odd choice of words that indicates how the advice was perceived. Anyone can select Alcantara where offered for their new car and plenty of services can tell you that it can be kept pristine for ever. No problems, choose away. Many people have alcantara trim and for those who have had it for many years, some things become evident with time, irregardless of the faith a new buyer has in the online solutions being proffered. The original RS4 initially had a white / silver / bone alcantara steering wheel. By release it had been changed to a dark grey. AUDI reverted the succeeding RS models to leather trim due to buyer experiences. A set of gloves goes a long way too.

These forums once existed to share knowledge, preventing every generation of owner reinventing the wheel at some cost to themselves. Many on here have learnt these lessons the hard way at our cost and it's certainly easier on us to just put our feet up, have a beer or whatever and let the world turn. You may not agree with some advice and that's fine by me, no offense taken here but "freaking out", really.
    I think you can read "freaking out" as "concerned". That's all. I don't think anyone should be offended on here. Otherwise I suggest we sell our Audis and go buy a Prius. Now let's get back to sharing info and looking forward to our RS3s turning up in the coming months!
    Now: 2015 S3 Sedan | Nardo Grey | SPP2 | Sunroof | Mirror Pack | Black Gloss Pack | Audi Corporate

On order: 2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joecool For This Useful Post:

tigerhonaker (February 1st, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Freaking out is not what I'd call passing on 20 years experience with Alcantara. Sort of a really odd choice of words that indicates how the advice was perceived. Anyone can select Alcantara where offered for their new car and plenty of services can tell you that it can be kept pristine for ever. No problems, choose away. Many people have alcantara trim and for those who have had it for many years, some things become evident with time, irregardless of the faith a new buyer has in the online solutions being proffered. The original RS4 initially had a white / silver / bone alcantara steering wheel. By release it had been changed to a dark grey. AUDI reverted the succeeding RS models to leather trim due to buyer experiences. A set of gloves goes a long way too.

These forums once existed to share knowledge, preventing every generation of owner reinventing the wheel at some cost to themselves. Many on here have learnt these lessons the hard way at our cost and it's certainly easier on us to just put our feet up, have a beer or whatever and let the world turn. You may not agree with some advice and that's fine by me, no offense taken here but "freaking out", really.
    I agree, I would never specify alcantara if I could help it, but others swear by it, so all good, we make our own choice.
    I also agree with your comment on gloves. Several years ago we bought a new C63, which, as it was a "Performance Pack" came with an alcantara steering wheel. We looked for driving gloves, couldn't find suitable items in Aus, so bought a couple of pairs of classic "olde worlde" stringback driving gloves from the UK.
    Pickles.

Finally got a response from my sales guy (a bit of a step up this time, only took him 6 days to reply instead of 7) that the scheduled build week (BW4) is now changed to confirmed production date on Feb 14. Not thrilled but on the bright side, I can celebrate her birthday on Valentine’s Day every year.
    probably won’t see the car until mid-May now.... the waiting game is agonizing
    have a great day mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    I'm wondering if BW1 is first week of January? If so, your car will have already started getting built!!

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Finally got a response from my sales guy (a bit of a step up this time, only took him 6 days to reply instead of 7) that the scheduled build week (BW4) is now changed to confirmed production date on Feb 14. Not thrilled but on the bright side, I can celebrate her birthday on Valentine’s Day every year.
    probably won’t see the car until mid-May now.... the waiting game is agonizing
    have a great day mate!
    Oh well, it's probably only an extra 2 weeks. Yours due in May, and mine in June. Just in time for really competitive finance rates at the end of the FY, I hear. May just be able to see same monthly repayments on the RS3 as my current S3. Fingers crossed. I'm already itchy waiting for this car. Gonna be a cracker!
    Now: 2015 S3 Sedan | Nardo Grey | SPP2 | Sunroof | Mirror Pack | Black Gloss Pack | Audi Corporate

On order: 2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

6. Default

Great thread hope to be adding my order, what made you order the current model rather than wait the new or is it going to be too far away?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulc1964au View Post
    Great thread hope to be adding my order, what made you order the current model rather than wait the new or is it going to be too far away?
    Way too far away plus the hybrid engine (read inferior engine note) and new shape/face won't be as aggressive as the current. I also wasn't looking forward to first revision of a new gen RS3. That's a recipe for bugs. I also suspect it will be more expensive still than the current.

My build date is... today!!! Looking like early May for delivery if all goes well. Anyone else heard?
    Current: 2013 8V S3 Sportback | 6sp Manual | Glacier White | S Performance Package | Assistance Package | Through Loading | Folding Mirrors
    2016 B9 A4 Allroad 2.0TDI | Ibis White | Assistance Package Tour | Technik Package with Sunroof | Heated Seats

On order: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense

Nice! My build date is this Friday, Nardo Grey SB as well, pretty much the same specs. Wonder if they get to ship together! Probably able to find out once we get VIN number and tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesey View Post
    My build date is... today!!! Looking like early May for delivery if all goes well. Anyone else heard?
    Last edited by flam; February 15th, 2020 at 05:45 PM.

Nice!!! Now you're really gonna get itchy!!

Has anyone started at looking for mods for their car??? I've got a few things in mind for mine....

Just went to my dealer and they have a build date of March 12 for mine. So now it's locked in, no mods to the order can be made. Once the VIN is available, it can be tracked online, apparently.