Thread: Thinking About Buying

1. Default Thinking About Buying

Hi,
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, first time poster.
    Im looking at buying an Audi, see here: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...G-AD-17413450/
    I have looked over it and driven it and frankly its a nice car but..........
    Am i buying into any built in issues?
    When is timing chain etc due and at what cost?
    What should I be looking for other than usual leaks accident damage etc that are Audi/A6 specific ?
    Where would be a good place for servicing near Redland Bay Brisbane ? and what does regular servicing cost ? (i know this is a piece of string type question but ball park)
    Thank you for your time.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Nice enough car but I would personally never consider buying a CVT.

If you can stretch to the A6 Allroad you’ll get yourself the torquey 3.0 TDI combined with the ZF 8 speed gearbox and Quattro which is a much better combination IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Nice enough car but I would personally never consider buying a CVT.

If you can stretch to the A6 Allroad you’ll get yourself the torquey 3.0 TDI combined with the ZF 8 speed gearbox and Quattro which is a much better combination IMO.

Good advice. A car is usually very personal so whats right for one may not suit another for many reasons. A week on the net with your contenders will pay dividends but again, mostly personal opinions. Clearly you should stay away from plain poor design but otherwise your priorities will drive your choice. If you're set on the brand and happy to pay to play then you have a wide choice. If economical motoring is your thing and you are mechanically challenged then AUDI is probably not a choice that will ensure you'll travel cheaply.

Many cars have bad reputations for something, but they do not always materialize or can be exacerbated by poor driving habits so again some caution needed in interpreting the severity of reported problems. Good luck with your choice.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

4. Default

Thanks for the input guys.
    would this be a better prospect? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...G-AD-18092919/
    I would not be doing any work myself so would need to find a service place close to home here in South Brisbane.
    What would regular servicing cost approx?
    Cheers

Nice looking car and seems to be sharply priced for a dealer.

The wheels are for a sporty car, you need something like 40 aspect tyres for the car to ride as designed, its a luxury car. Whoever had it before probably tried to make it look like something it isn't.

You'd need to read up on that model / year to see what if any issues are significant. Servicing costs are like a piece of string, you just need to ask those who may do it what their hourly rate is. You're bound to come up with extra issues from time to time so a price for a specific service may not be the final bill.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8