Thread: Stop-Start

Default Stop-Start

I have Bridgestone Select coverage on my tyres - now at 24 months, in good condition.
    The free service includes things like battery check.
    They asked if my A4 Avant (diesel, 2009) had start-stop because the battery in use was typically fitted to vehicles that have that feature. Mine doesn't.

I'm not sure when this battery was fitted (I bought the car from son-in-law almost 5 years ago when he moved to UK) but I doubt it was the original delivered in march 2009.

Comments?

My take on it is that you are better off...it will more than likely be a more rugged battery, as stop/start as you can imagine, depending on the traffic, can give the battery and the starter motor a good workout. My RS3 does have stop/start, and the battery is a biggish thing...although I never use stop/start.

Rs3 with stop start ? I thought Audi didnít fit that feature in the RS models
    Iíd be turning that off in a hart beat. That engine uses VW507 5w40LL and is not a start stop oil.
    Stop start is just another design flaw just to make the emissions look better on a speed sheet. Itís the same with direct injection. Looks good on paper but in reality itís destroying the engine.

As to batteryís just go with a Bosch unit which is what is oem in most of there models.
    I personally buy a new battery on every used car I buy being that I donít know what age it would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk