Thread: SQ5 Service Recommendations - Southern Sydney

Default SQ5 Service Recommendations - Southern Sydney

Hi all,

It is time for the MY16 SQ5 to have a 4yr service (54,000km). This is the first service outside the 3yr corporate plan 'freebies' so not sure what to expect cost wise.....but knew it wasn't going to be overly cheap.

Local Audi Service centre want $1300 for a km based service, not the 4yr service - i think the difference is a few filters don't get replaced? I also know that they will want to do the rear pads and rotors (they mentioned they needed replacing 12 months ago when last in for service - but another 12,000km or so km on the clock and the warning light hasn't come on and there are no scary brake noises still but i know they are pretty low now as i looked at it when the wheels were off for new tyres a few weeks back). At that time they wanted $1500 for the back pads and rotors.

I've had a search through the forum but most responses about servicing recommendations are about 2-3 years old, so thought I would ask again for any recent updates.

I'm based in southern Sydney but happy to travelling East or a bit west (no more than an hour) for quality service. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbillsy View Post
    Hi all,

It is time for the MY16 SQ5 to have a 4yr service (54,000km). This is the first service outside the 3yr corporate plan 'freebies' so not sure what to expect cost wise.....but knew it wasn't going to be overly cheap.

Local Audi Service centre want $1300 for a km based service, not the 4yr service - i think the difference is a few filters don't get replaced? I also know that they will want to do the rear pads and rotors (they mentioned they needed replacing 12 months ago when last in for service - but another 12,000km or so km on the clock and the warning light hasn't come on and there are no scary brake noises still but i know they are pretty low now as i looked at it when the wheels were off for new tyres a few weeks back). At that time they wanted $1500 for the back pads and rotors.

I've had a search through the forum but most responses about servicing recommendations are about 2-3 years old, so thought I would ask again for any recent updates.

I'm based in southern Sydney but happy to travelling East or a bit west (no more than an hour) for quality service. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd be inclined to say that nothing is particularly cheap if you own an Audi, plus an S series tax for yours. Lucky you don't own an RS as the tax can double on those. My suggestion, find someone you might consider using (location, personality, workshop appearance and some older recommendations) and cough up. Anyone really cheap isn't giving away their wages so parts could be of questionable origin.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    I'd be inclined to say that nothing is particularly cheap if you own an Audi, plus an S series tax for yours. Lucky you don't own an RS as the tax can double on those. My suggestion, find someone you might consider using (location, personality, workshop appearance and some older recommendations) and cough up. Anyone really cheap isn't giving away their wages so parts could be of questionable origin.
    Agreed, never going to be cheap......just don't want to be 'swindled' by the dealership service centre! There's a recommendation for a place not too far from me in an older thread and everything online appears OK......so will reach out and see what they have to say. Cheers!

I used to have my SQ5 and my current Macan serviced at Exoticars in North Parramatta.
    Arthur and Mark are extremely good guys and fair priced.
    Ive never paid anywhere near $1000 for a basic service

Been using them for the past 6-7 years now
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

If you are willing to travel to Artarmon, Justin at Audcare is sensational. Knows Audi's inside out as that's all he's been repairing for the past 25 years, gives great advice on when to flick your car if it's getting to that point where it's too expensive to maintain, and also is very reasonable on servicing costs. I paid $750 for my last service which was a 60k service.