Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon clean RS5

There really is nothing to worry about a hydraulic lift. All lifts that are sold in Australia have to meet very high safety standards. In all my years iv never seen a ram fail or a weld fail on a hoist. Iv seen concrete cracking and dynamic bolts failing on a two post but thatís about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR382 View Post
    There really is nothing to worry about a hydraulic lift. All lifts that are sold in Australia have to meet very high safety standards. In all my years iv never seen a ram fail or a weld fail on a hoist. Iv seen concrete cracking and dynamic bolts failing on a two post but thatís about it.

For sure. All the issues that I've heard of have been with the el cheapo chinese home type copies and the actual issue is leakage past the internal ram seals. This can happen with the best hydraulics with normal wear and the design of the home type ones allows one side to subside over time. As said, if you're up for 6-8 weeks, you wouldn't really want to use any home type lift without some mechanical locking device. Caveat Emptor.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Default Carbon clean RS5

I never seen a lift that donít have a ratchet lock. Australian standards are strick and have to have a locking mechanism. Mine users air actuators to release it from lockout position so it also requires a air system to be hooked up.
    The only problem I really have with it is that itís to fast when lifting and can sometimes be Annoying when making fine adjustments. But when going down I can adjust the speed.
    Was thinking about putting a timed regulator on the motor so that it has two speeds of lifting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TYR382; January 23rd, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

Cleaning continues

Looks good

Yeh still waiting on inductor seal kit
    Ones the injectors are installed should be running agin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome job.
    For some strange feeling, I think we'd get along if we're ever to meet.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Always up for a cruise if we can get one going
    Im in the Adelaide area