Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon clean RS5

so is carbon cleaning worth doing? not that i would attempt this myself tho...
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual

I think the photos speak for them selves.
    This was at 100,000kms and I think if I left it another 10,000kms, Iíd be getting misfires eventually.
    I did notice my fuel trims running quite rich so that was a big indicator it needed done.

As for performance itís no gimmick. Carbon build up definitely decreases power and many have shown huge results on the dyno after a good clean.

So yeh itís not a question in is it worth doing, but more when doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

was that a walnut clean or hydrogen?

Default Carbon clean RS5

Walnut.
    Itís really the only way to get the baked carbon off the back of the valves.

Last edited by TYR382; March 9th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

So as there is no way in the world I could do this myself, and would have to pay someone else to do it...........
    1) How do I even find someone who will take that time and attention to detail
    2) Given the time and skills required, I'm assuming this is going to cost more than a Happy Meal?

You now have me wondering how to solve this problem :)

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_RS5 View Post
    So as there is no way in the world I could do this myself, and would have to pay someone else to do it...........
    2) Given the time and skills required, I'm assuming this is going to cost more than a Happy Meal?

The cost is going to be pretty obvious and as you said, beyond your capacity to DIY. What ever your hourly rate is, the person that finally gets the job should be asking the same plus of the course the costs of business, depreciation, insurance and the list goes on. I am sure that people on here know this, just can't help asking if it can be done cheaper. Sort of an American thing, maybe it's taken ion here too.

Any man at the top of his game is worth a premium, whether it's a Dr, Dentist or Cardiologist or mechanic.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Default Carbon clean RS5

From my experience, your not going to find anyone that will pay particular attention to detail. Anyone whoís getting paid by the hour is going to rush it through the day. So it all comes down to how experienced they are, not just doing the carbon cleaning, but in order to actually pull it all apart to get the job done. Unless they are very experienced in doing to that particular engine, I wouldnít trust anyone.
    Itís not that expensive of a job to do it your self if you have all the tools already.
    Obviously your gonna need a air compressor and a sandblaster. But your gonna need a injector puller and sealer kit.
    Itís also a good reason to get the injectors flow tested and cleaned.
    Last edited by TYR382; March 11th, 2020 at 09:43 PM.

I had mine fine at European autotech, give them a call and see if they can help you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_RS5 View Post

If your in the Adelaide area I can help ya out

Quote Originally Posted by TYR382 View Post
    If your in the Adelaide area I can help ya out

might need to make a road trip to radelaide... lol