Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon clean RS5

Default Carbon clean RS5

So itís come to 100,000kms and I which means itís time for carbon clean

To be honest itís not that hard of a job if you take your time and have the right tools
    Iv seen guys on YouTube doing it completely the hard way. Guys trying to turn the crank without the special tool, guys trying to blast the ports with no vacuum attachment, guys cleaning it by tooth brush. Anyway Iím not gonna go into full detail cause itís been done and dusted so many times. But if you have any questions regarding doing a job on a RS5 or what ever feel free to ask.
    Iím almost done now just waiting on the injector seals because for some reaso no one in Adelaide can fit new seals and Audi wants $50 per injector kit, so I just got them from America for $11 each. Iíll be getting the injector tool kit soon so Iím just gonna do them my self
    Had the injectors cleaned and flow tested and they where so bad. Spray pattern was all overt the place.
    Iím about to do a deep clean of the underbody now that itís on the hoist waiting for parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TYR382 For This Useful Post:

JA04STI (January 22nd, 2020)

Looking good - nice work.

Getting the garage ready for a underbody wash.
    Got time to waste so just gonna give everything a deep clean

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TYR382 For This Useful Post:

JA04STI (January 22nd, 2020)

If anyoneís in the Adelaide area and need help let me know

Really nice work!

That machining of the inlet ports is interesting. I wonder if it would be worth getting the dremel out and taking off all those sharper edges?

I wish I had the patience, tools, skill set to do this kind of work at home... nice job

nice handy work and awesome workshop set up mate. I'm pretty interested in the car lift and if you recommend it. do you leave it in place and drive over it to park etc?

Yeh main reason why I got the scissor lift was so that it just stay under the car when not in use. Driving over it day to day is difficult at the moment being that you need the car to be on a set of ramps so that not only is it easier to drive over, but mainly so it gives you enough clearance to put your lifting blocks under. The hoist is about 4 inches high, so your. It going to lift ya average sports suspension height unless your on some kind of ramp.
    I got mine from Joelís garage https://www.joelsgaragegear.com.au/p...-scissor-lift/
    Not that I donít recommend buying form him, but after working with this hoist Iíd probably look into a more quality one. Not that itís dangerous or it donít do the, it is kinda poorly build from China and there was a few mods I had to do for it to be fully functional. But I all itís been unbelievably handy and would recommend getting one for anyone who works on there own cars.

I ended up mounting my pump on my work bench to save room
    There is nothing you canít do with this hoist, give all access to the underbody

As you can see it can lift all kinda of vehicles and give all access to do any job
    I did the rod bearings on my M6 and was a relaxing job ya ing to hoist. I donít think i would of done it without it.

They're a great thing. Great illustration of how handy in the pics.

Which one is somewhat of a personal choice. I bought a totally different concept some years ago that suits me for the very reasons TYR382 mentions. Mine is totally mechanical and stows on the wall which is bonus 1 for me. The other big issue is if it's hydraulic. make sure it has a full weight mechanical lock. Plenty of pictures of what happens when you get hydraulic leakage in the lift cylinders, not pretty. I've had a car up for 6-8 weeks at a time so an important aspect for me.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8