Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS3 brake replacement cost?!

Default RS3 brake replacement cost?!

Wifey took her '16 PFL RS3 for its 30k service today, all good, except brakes are getting low. No warning lights on yet, but Dealer said maybe another 1-3ks left. Cost to replace $3K,..is this normal, what mileage do you guys get, & what costs are you guys paying?
    VERY happy with our Dealer servicing, just thought $3k was a lot of money.
    Pickles.

Pickles? Did you get a rundown of what the 3K entails? (breakdown)

Front and rear? or only front?
    Rotors
    Pads
    Brake fluid?
    Brake bleed?
    etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

I was quoted $4k for front pads and disc OEM replacement on 2018 RS facelift.

Hence as per previous post decided to go with tarox all way around - cost just under $4k for four disc and pad upgrade

They have just come through customs so should have my hands on em this weekend and will install week after

Will give upgrade in due course

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaydece View Post
    Pickles? Did you get a rundown of what the 3K entails? (breakdown)

Front and rear? or only front?
    Rotors
    Pads
    Brake fluid?
    Brake bleed?
    etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, I did not, I should have, but as it wasn't an "immediate" issue, I didn't bother, but I will.
    We get on very well with our Service Manager, who is just a lovely man, so in due course, I will get better details.
    Pickles.
    Spoke to S/M today, & He said, yeah, around $3k for fronts fitted, but then He said, something which I didn't want to hear, that whilst rears are fine, when they need replacing, the cost won't be too far behind,...maybe 2.5K?...anyone had "em both replaced by Audi Dealer?
    Pickles.
    Last edited by Pickles; February 11th, 2020 at 03:36 PM.

I think DBA has a set of front Rotors/Pads for under $2k.
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Quote from Brakes direct

Parts - F2D.370.34.AAL | Forza 2 Piece Brake Disc (Left)
    F2D.370.34.AAR | Forza 2 Piece Brake Disc (Right)
    FP2.I557.JB | Forza FP2 Brake Pads

Under 1.5k for Forza brakes.
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

For what its worth I have purchased Audi brake hardware from overseas in the past without issues.
    Just checked the ECS Tuning site for you and you are looking at USD$1727 shipped plus import duties for a full OEM replacement of front rotors and pads to Australia.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dingah For This Useful Post:

beanoyip (February 7th, 2020)

So that's about $3200 in our $ to your door with duties and GST paid. Then you have labour and consumables to factor in. The $4,000 quote isn't looking so sick and those that come in way under with after market components are looking pretty perky, assuming that the quality is good. I've spent a good cars worth in the US over the years but freight is really killing the attractiveness in many cases. Also try FCP Euro and the many others over there as freight and prices can swing wildly.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Indeed. Without spelling it out the point of my post was to suggest that Australian prices may not appear quite so bad - factoring in shipping and import duties now removes the gloss from most overseas sources.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Why wouldn't you go to brakesdirect.com.au and get DBA T3 discs and Forza FP2 pads? $1600-odd all up!! labour wouldn't cost you much and get it done for half the stealership is offering
    SOLD: 2015 S3 Sedan | Nardo Grey | SPP2 | Sunroof | Mirror Pack | Black Gloss Pack | Audi Corporate

On order: 2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joecool For This Useful Post:

beanoyip (February 10th, 2020)