Thread: Audi RNS-e Map DVD Australia nav updates

Default Audi RNS-e Map DVD Australia nav updates

Hi,

The Audi RNS-e Map DVD Australia, are they still making these every year?
    what’s the latest version please?
    Anyone know where I can get one? apart from Audi Australia which are a ripoff for these.

Cheers
    Regards Mark Bedford

2007 Blue Audi RS4 Avant
    Miltek non-resonated inc valves exhaust
    (no sunroof but tick the carbon ceramics baby :) )

Euro car upgrades in Qld sell them for $200
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille, Nardo Grey Wrap.

Having a VERY bad experience with one of the Australian suppliers, will report them to the community to protect others if they dont come good.

Does anyone know if SW 0220 is the latest/last version released for the RNS-E gen 2? it says its HW: H03
    Capture.jpg
    Last edited by mbedford; March 14th, 2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Regards Mark Bedford

2007 Blue Audi RS4 Avant

No idea as I elected to completely ignore my RNS-E and use a TomTom. As best I can tell it is far more proficient and I could mount it up high in my view. That said, I couldn't see how someone could be selling a genuine map DVD for 1/4 what Audi sells one for. Totally overpriced for sure and I'm surprised that there is any factory level support out there for them by now. There must be a swag of the older DVD still out there as most cars I have seen for sale have not had the Nav DVD included.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

I bought the 2018 Audi RNS-e Map DVD from eurocarupgrades.com.au for $150 plus a bit for postage (https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/revie...lt#review-form)
    They said its the last nav DVD they are making for the RNS-E, but asked them to double check.

DVD works great in my car :) Thats the good news.

Now the bad news, before I bought the above, I bought a labeled 2020 nav DVD from Navigation Australia (www.navigationau.com) for $100 inc postage. It didn't work at all! when I quizzed their customer support they came up with the biggest load of crack sh!t about upgrading firmware/software over many blunt emails insisting it was my unit. When I gave them multiple pieces of evidence that my RNS-E gen 2 had the latest and final firmware/software which is 220 btw if you want to know (RNS-E gen 1 has different version numbers btw which are higher numbers) they just refused to accept, despite me giving multiple bits of evidence stating this and photos of my RNS-E gen 2 showing its latest software version number.

The fact they have disabled taking credit cards on their ordering site and only take bank transfers now, should have warned me. They are crooks basically, i'd advise staying away.
    Regards Mark Bedford

2007 Blue Audi RS4 Avant

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mbedford View Post
    I bought the 2018 Audi RNS-e Map DVD from eurocarupgrades.com.au for $150 plus a bit for postage (https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/revie...lt#review-form)
    They said its the last nav DVD they are making for the RNS-E, but asked them to double check.

DVD works great in my car :) Thats the good news.

Now the bad news, before I bought the above, I bought a labeled 2020 nav DVD from Navigation Australia (www.navigationau.com) for $100 inc postage. It didn't work at all! when I quizzed their customer support they came up with the biggest load of crack sh!t about upgrading firmware/software over many blunt emails insisting it was my unit. When I gave them multiple pieces of evidence that my RNS-E gen 2 had the latest and final firmware/software which is 220 btw if you want to know (RNS-E gen 1 has different version numbers btw which are higher numbers) they just refused to accept, despite me giving multiple bits of evidence stating this and photos of my RNS-E gen 2 showing its latest software version number.

The fact they have disabled taking credit cards on their ordering site and only take bank transfers now, should have warned me. They are crooks basically, i'd advise staying away.
    Would you be willing to share the iso?