Thread: Hey Folks, another C5 Allroad owner in the ranks.

1. Default Hey Folks, another C5 Allroad owner in the ranks.

Good morning folks,

A brief introduction. My name is Glenn, located Wodonga VIC. I am on to my second Allroad now, the first a 2004 tdi(retired) now a 2003 4.2. Had the tdi for about 5 years now and have had most of the issues that C5ARís have. The 4.2 is a daily driver and Iíve just started playing around with it, now itís on the road.

Previous VAG group cars include a 2012 VW Polo GTI (the red rocket!) and an early 70ís type 3 squareback. I have a mini as a (very) long term project and a history of Japanese cars also some Rallying experience.

No glamorous photos of the car however hereís the tdi bringing home the 4.2, or is it the other way around?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8B982FC8-7D2C-4A07-A1EB-3473DE120FD3.jpg   C9EFF62A-7D6F-481F-94FF-2ABAE92A6BBD.jpg  

nice one mate. It must have looked like you were looking in a mirror when you looked in your mirror (if you know what I mean!)

3. Default

Cheers jnrdavo.
    My best mate, who is a mechanic, asked if I had taken to carrying around my spare parts. Arsehole...

nice one from the mechanic, that gave me a good laugh for the day.

I've often thought of having a 'spare' car in the back yard for parts... If I had the space, I'd be doing it. Living in the burbs though, doesn't give me that opportunity.... which is probably a good thing, 'cause I'm sure I wouldn't stop at one!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennV8ar View Post
    Good morning folks,

A brief introduction. My name is Glenn, located Wodonga VIC. I am on to my second Allroad now, the first a 2004 tdi(retired) now a 2003 4.2. Had the tdi for about 5 years now and have had most of the issues that C5ARís have. The 4.2 is a daily driver and Iíve just started playing around with it, now itís on the road.

Previous VAG group cars include a 2012 VW Polo GTI (the red rocket!) and an early 70ís type 3 squareback. I have a mini as a (very) long term project and a history of Japanese cars also some Rallying experience.

No glamorous photos of the car however hereís the tdi bringing home the 4.2, or is it the other way around?

Good to see the allroads are keeping on keeping on. Great car as you'll already know. I passed on the V8 version and updated to the RS6. I miss the flexibility of the air suspension though, not that the RS6 isn't a tremendous car. No doubt you'll enjoy and find all the V8 specific items of interest.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

6. Default

Cheers @ichbautauto , I liked the idea of the RS6 too but this rig will be doing the “towing the campervan/bikes on the roof/trips to Bunnings/park at work” duties, and with 66% of the grunt for 20% of the price, I couldn’t pass it by. I see that you’ve had your time with an Allroad, are you still splitting the car?

No, sold it to the first actual viewer. 5 min test drive and he wanted to drive it away an hour later. Probably didn't do the right thing as there were so many parts I wanted off it but no time to argue, gone. I'd love a new (old) allroad but a low Km RS6 kissed the hurt better. I no longer have a all purpose car which is a bit of a bind.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

8. Default

RS6 will definitely ease the regret. Surely the Mog us a do-it-all? Except maybe underground carparks and speeding tickets?!?

Been years since I took the MOG to Bunnings. If RS6 fuel consumption is ever an issue, it pales next to the MOG.10mpg on a good day. Last resort fall back for that sort of thing.