Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't remove front passenger door actuator M8 screw on my audi a3

1. Default I can't remove front passenger door actuator M8 screw on my audi a3

My 2006 a3 front left door won't open from the outside.
    As I was following the door panel remove and finally can see the door actuactor, but can't remove the two M8 screws on the side. It's like they sticks hard to the door. I tried spray some wd40, didn't work. Anyone knows how to deal with this?
    Inked20200326_101157_LI.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeffdoggy; March 27th, 2020 at 10:26 PM.

Photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impact driver would get them undone with an M8 but if you have it, they likely have some of that blue thread seal on them which needs to be cracked first.
    Otherwise put some muscle into it and donít let the bit twist out, or use an extension if you have an L shaped M8 tool.

mild heat if you can, softens the thread locking compound, and generally softens the metal so the threads can slide easier
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    Concept, tune and build by QMS
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdoggy View Post
    That didnít work for me

Its probably not the best way but I had a similar issue with my A4. I found an Allen key which fitted snugly into the torx splines and cracked it loose that way.
    Michael.

This set is great for hard to reach places.

Like back of pcv on rs4

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kincrome...t-set_p0115669

8. Default

thanks mate, I gonna try again later this week to see if I can remove them!

9. Default

I gonna try lighter to heat a little bit to see if it will work! Thanks mate.