Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowering an RS3

So after communicating with Paul at Evolve, I’m confident that the process is pretty straight forward and easy to install.
    The set shipped to Australia is £665 as there is no VAT.
    Its about $1250 Aussie. I have my mechanic mate the can do the install. I recon fully installed would cost about $1500-1600. Not bad.
    I also asked about the Magnetic Ride and Paul assured me that there would be no error messages and is compatible with the RS3.
    If anyone is interested, maybe we can ask for a group discount. PM me and let me know if anyone is interested.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalatte View Post
    So after communicating with Paul at Evolve, Iím confident that the process is pretty straight forward and easy to install.
    The set shipped to Australia is £665 as there is no VAT.
    Its about $1250 Aussie. I have my mechanic mate the can do the install. I recon fully installed would cost about $1500-1600. Not bad.
    I also asked about the Magnetic Ride and Paul assured me that there would be no error messages and is compatible with the RS3.
    If anyone is interested, maybe we can ask for a group discount. PM me and let me know if anyone is interested.
    thanks mate, but I already got my MSS adjustable kit so I will have to pass this one.

All good so far? Did you install yourself? If not did the mechanic take long to install? Please do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalatte View Post
    All good so far? Did you install yourself? If not did the mechanic take long to install? Please do tell.
    Hey mate, I havenít had it installed yet, the car should be here in a week or two as it is now awaiting for clearance at port.

Iím gonna get someone to install, probably a job too big for me. I got some other stuff to go onto the car, so Iíll have them all installed at once in a mechanic shop.

Based on other cars with Mag Ride I have been told not to lower with simply a spring change. How does the RS3 go with a simply spring change considering the MagRide will be preloaded with the drop in spring height. All my previous cars have been simply spring / shock setups and was able to go over to coilovers to modify.

Personally not interested in removing the magride for coilovers and similarly not 100% convinced on the springs only route as I am not interested in having scraping issues with this car after getting rid of a car that was constantly scraping on ramps and speed humps.

Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    Based on other cars with Mag Ride I have been told not to lower with simply a spring change. How does the RS3 go with a simply spring change considering the MagRide will be preloaded with the drop in spring height. All my previous cars have been simply spring / shock setups and was able to go over to coilovers to modify.

Personally not interested in removing the magride for coilovers and similarly not 100% convinced on the springs only route as I am not interested in having scraping issues with this car after getting rid of a car that was constantly scraping on ramps and speed humps.
    you are exactly right, Iíve read so many negative feedbacks with simply a spring change on mag ride equipped car, even with reputable aftermarket brands. Joecool on this forum has done a lot of researches on lowering springs for rs3 and MSS adjustable springs kit seems to be the best option available right now, and I totally agree! At the end of the day, you trust the end-usersí reviews rather than manufacturerís claims, and there is no sour comments on MSS springs.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ing-kit-review

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    you are exactly right, I’ve read so many negative feedbacks with simply a spring change on mag ride equipped car, even with reputable aftermarket brands. Joecool on this forum has done a lot of researches on lowering springs for rs3 and MSS adjustable springs kit seems to be the best option available right now, and I totally agree! At the end of the day, you trust the end-users’ reviews rather than manufacturer’s claims, and there is no sour comments on MSS springs.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ing-kit-review
    Does anyone know what the springs in the car are currently linear or progressive? Looks like the MSS kit combines both a progressive and a linear spring combination to build the solution. My main aim is to reduce arch gap not interested in anything more than cosmetic but if the side benefit is a better ride then so be it.

Back in 2003 I replaced my 911's OEM suspension with an upgraded Bilstein PSS10 coilover solution. The rider was simply amazing but it took two attempts to install it correctly and it wasnt till the car was corner weighted that the setup came alive. The process wasnt simple and it did adjust the factory geometry. Similarly my recently departed SSV Redline if you drop the car by more than 30-35mm it throws the geometry totally out and makes the ride worse. The coilovers I installed simply transformed the car, bumps were smoothed out yet cornered like it was on rails.

Reading the review from the above link it looks like the factory setup isnt the best. The whole idea is to make sure the wheel never loses contact with the road. His analogy of a mogul skier is 100% accurate. When the suspension is at its optimum it should smooth out the bumps and never leave the road. An uncontrolled mogul skier looks awkward and painful, the same with a car if the suspension behave like this then you lose control in the car too.

The local installers do they corner weight the car post installation and do the re do the wheel alignment at the same time?

The more I read about the MSS the more confident I become.
    i have contact the seller in the UK and I think I’ll buy the bullet.