Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe for Sale?? My Audi S5 | APR V8 + Supercharged

Default Maybe for Sale?? My Audi S5 | APR V8 + Supercharged

So, we are in lockdown and once we 'come out', we are planning as a family to spend some time driving for days/weeks across Australia.

My car isn't going to be any good, and since we got rid of the jeep for a Renault Megane gt 220, we don't have a comfort car anymore. The Renault sports wagon is great for city driving, it's on rails and corners so well, but it's ****ty inside, no front leg room, and the young one says 'I'm feeling sick' every time we go in it!

The plan is for me to sell the S5 (which is called Monster in our house) and buy a RS6 (ok, so if I have to sell it, then I'll get another V8).

It's probably one of the fastest V8 S5's in Australia (if not the fastest??)..But, it can be used as a daily driver without any issues. I think that's the difference between the supercharged and turbo cars (my old B6 1.8TQ with big turbo had huge lag up until 3,800 rpm!)

So, I'm looking to see if anybody would be interested in my S5.

Blurb below. It's modified very well, all done with tremendous amounts of money and love. It also gets treated with paint protection at Frank in Lane Cove (definitive car detailing), so most people that see it think it's a current model!

I'm happy to post up any pics. I've also got a brand new screen/nav/android auto/apple carplay screen that I haven't installed yet (might do it this weekend) that will bring the interior right up their to the modern look. (RSNAV S2).

Spending money on this has never been an issue for me (ok, so it has been for the wife). It is loved and pampered, and I always use the best products on it to keep it clean and ad perfect as I can get it (I have all of the receipts!).
    There might be things I've missed below, so just ask questions and I'll try and find the answers!

Anyway, reach out to me via PM if you have any interest. I'm located on Sydney's Northern Beaches.

Audi S5 2008

Manual 91,500 kays

Modifications

APR 1740 Supercharger (the larger one, 620 HP)

Upgraded fuel lines (pics will do it justice!)
    New fuel injectors (x8) only installed 6 months ago

Iridium spark plugs (NGK BKR8EIX)

Flat bottom Steering Wheel and Associated Airbag (not on the recall)

Southbend Stage 3 Endurance Clutch Kit (rated to 881 Nm)

JMH Short Shifter

Sway Bars (can't remember brand!!)

Genuine Audi 20" Rotor Wheels with PZero tyres

Upgrade of whole MMI to 3G+, including new screen by audiofedility in Melbourne

Tetherbox (for wifi connectivity, audi connect, google maps etc)

Video in Motion

2 x 32GB SD Cards

DVD playback

Bluetooth Audio playback

DAB+

B&O Surround Sound

Akrapovic Titanium exhaust with in-car button

Carbon fibre door inlays and console surrounds

Carbon fibre front lip

Carbon fibre rear lip

Kw V3 coil-overs with incar button (comfort, sport, sport +)

Kw V3 DDC Wifi (control individual suspension settings for each corner, from 1 to 100) Save favourite settings

Upgraded all internal lighting to LED (with no errors, so they have the proper resistance)

Carbonio Air Intake

Stoptech 6 pot calipers with cross drilled and ventilated front discs

All service work performed initially by faststuff in VIC, then European Autotech in Sydney.

Standard Stuff

Alcantara seats with memory (I also have the button for storing memory, but not installed. Comes with full wiring loom)

Sun roof

Self levelling Xenon Lights

Auto dimming mirror

Reverse Camera

Fog Lights

Cruise Control

Rear Aircon

Active Cornering headlamps
    Rain Sensor Wipers

Power Windows

Hill holder (yes, for manual!)

Parking Sensors
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jnrdavo; April 30th, 2020 at 04:32 PM.

What a tidy beast! GLWS.

Have you had any issues with the 1740 supercharger, I've heard of a few cases of the engine going bang

Anyway I've sent you a pm
    Audi A3 1.8T

I've sent you a PM Neru... Yes, had issues, nothing that spending $$$$ didn't fix (and hiding the receipts from my wife!)

Thanks. The Beast was actually my B6 1.8TQ Avant with APR Stage III+...

This one we call monster

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post

The plan is for me to sell the S5 (which is called Monster in our house) and buy a RS6 (ok, so if I have to sell it, then I'll get another V8).

Big news, but I feel sure that whatever model RS6 you do get, you'll find it great for a cross country trip. Wife and I did the Canberra / Perth return last year in the RS4 and for two, that was the minimum size car for the little luggage we had for 6 weeks. Add any people and it would not have been OK. Our RS6 on the other hand would have been spot on for a few more people and possibly a little less inclination to make the most of the "sports" component. Very little difference in fuel consumption between the two at posted cruising speed.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    Have you had any issues with the 1740 supercharger, I've heard of a few cases of the engine going bang

Anyway I've sent you a pm
    Can you please tell us about these cars that have gone bang?

Id like to hear more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Can you please tell us about these cars that have gone bang?

Id like to hear more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Few threads around of cars having temps of 90-100 degees as the intercoolers were undersized on the supercharger and going bang. Apperantly initial tunes weren't the best as well

I'm just going off what ive read online, a quick google search and there is a few threads on audi performance group on Facebook

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
    Audi A3 1.8T

Never had temp issues. From what I have experienced first hand, you need to make sure the supercharger cooling system is setup correctly, topped up with fluid, and that it's pressurised correctly.

I've driven this car in the highs of summer (40 degrees) and it's been fine

Pics from Today (Oh yeah, I have some original parts as well, suspension, manifold, brakes and some other stuff)...