Thread: 7 speed DSL transmission no drive

1. Default 7 speed DSL transmission no drive

Hi this is my first post .
    I have an A1 2013 model Audi with no drive . It was driving great no issues until random I had do drive or reverse and only done 56000 km .
    can anyone recommend someone who is honest and can fix a DSL automatic transmission ?
    I already got quoted $8000 to fix and that is way to much
    . I rang up Audi Australia because I heard there was a recall but they said that what my car problem has it has nothing to do with the recall which was the accumulator in the transmission cracking,
    has anyone else had this problem?

You may have a case under Australian Consumer Law. The transmission shouldn't fail within 7 years and only 56000km. First step is to get an Audi dealer to diagnose it then request goodwill. But if they refuse you have to be prepared to take them to court.

Unless that $8000 quote is from an Audi dealer? Probably is given the price.

There has recently been an additional recall on these - would be worth getting in touch with your local dealer to confirm if your car is affected (should also be a VIN list in the below link):

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/audi-australia-pty-ltd-audi-a1-my2011-2016-audi-a3-my2008-2016-and-audi-tt-my2012-2016-0

5. Default

I spoke to Auldi Australia again saying that I will take legal action and they should honor the recall which effects the transmission so it is getting towed today fingers crossed they donít try to blame something else 😩
    thanks for the reply

That happened to me with a 2009 A4 Avant with the same 7 speed DSG gearbox. The car was 7 years old with just under 100,000ks at the time and Audi replaced the Mechatronic unit under good will. It's an $8,000 repair.
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille, Nardo Grey Wrap.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cam1980_1 View Post
    Hi this is my first post .
    can anyone recommend someone who is honest and can fix a DSL automatic transmission ?
    At 56k km and 7 years, I would be arguing ACL.

But if the time to argue ACL isn't worth it you or you just want to take it to a mechanic anyway, I can very much recommend Exoticars in North Parramatta who have looked after several cars of mine.

8. Default

So I went to pick up my Audi from Audi in Parramatta after agreeing $3000 to fix the gearbox better the the original price $8000 ... so I drove only around the block and I broke down WHAT THE , it was slipping, jumping out of gears OMG so I parked it and back in the work shop again and now it is getting the clutch done ... he said you must have had a clutch problem before and I said omg donít you road test your cars ? 😡.
    so finally one week later I picked up my car again and so fare so good .. oh n they replaced the clutch free of charge ... they even washed it lol