Thread: B7 RS4 - Anyone running an ECS H-Pipe?

Default B7 RS4 - Anyone running an ECS H-Pipe?

Hi all

Been thinking about getting a little bit more sound out of the Avant. Haven't done a whole lot of research as yet but was looking at the Milltek exhausts. Have found that there is a large difference in cost of valved vs non-valved. Have read that the non-valved can create drone on the highway (more so for the Avant).

Then I came across the ECS H-Pipe as a (much cheaper) alternative, around $540 delivered to Australia. I did a search on here but there weren't many hits on the H-Pipe. Am wondering if anyone is running one and if they are happy with it?

As I said, it seems to me (albeit limited research) a very decent bang for buck mod to enhance the exhaust note on the RS4.
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

If only doing cat back you should be fine with non-res.

If doing the full exhaust you’ll definitely want the resonators (sounds great but a bit hard to live with).

No personal experience on the ECS H pipe option sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    If only doing cat back you should be fine with non-res.

If doing the full exhaust you’ll definitely want the resonators (sounds great but a bit hard to live with).

No personal experience on the ECS H pipe option sorry.
    Cheers alister. The difference in valved vs non-valved is $1300 so it's a fair chunk of change, I'm concerned about drone in non-res non-valved.

Did you have a milltek on your old b7 rs4?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

Quote Originally Posted by oxblood8 View Post
    Cheers alister. The difference in valved vs non-valved is $1300 so it's a fair chunk of change, I'm concerned about drone in non-res non-valved.

Did you have a milltek on your old b7 rs4?
    No, but I did put a non-res Milltek on my B6 S4 (V8).

I thought it might have been a bit too loud when I first put it on (wife wasn’t happy at the time!) but once it bedded in (got some carbon deposits through it) the sound mellowed and I was happy with the non-res option.

I'm running a full Milltek non resonated. I get a slight drone at about 2000rpm, nothing to annoying, an adjustment of the stick between the seats soon sorts it out.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

I have disabled the valves on mine by plugging them with golf teas and tying them off with zip ties.

I deleted the central resonator and had an exhaust welder create me an x-pipe in its place. Cost around $180 and i am very pleased with it, the car doesn't drone but does sound pretty beefy when you first turn the key as the flaps are open for the cold start. Overall the car sounds great to be honest.

There are plenty of people who have done this over on RS246.
    RS4 B7 • Phantom Black • Centre Resonator Delete
    SQ5 TDI • Ibis White • Fully Optioned

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by demon8991 View Post
    I have disabled the valves on mine by plugging them with golf teas and tying them off with zip ties.

I deleted the central resonator and had an exhaust welder create me an x-pipe in its place. Cost around $180 and i am very pleased with it, the car doesn't drone but does sound pretty beefy when you first turn the key as the flaps are open for the cold start. Overall the car sounds great to be honest.

There are plenty of people who have done this over on RS246.

Where are you located? Are you in Sydney? Where did you get your X-pipe made? and where did you get the work done?

Castle Hill Exhaust is we’re I would go in Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk