Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Towbar for B9

Quote Originally Posted by nerdag View Post
    Thanks, yes I aware of this.

The one installer I was able to speak to said they wouldn't bother with coding, had never done an Audi, and would only use a bypass relay, which is why I wanted to speak to other installers to see if they at least knew what they'd be cutting and splicing into.

I didn't think it would be so hard to speak to somebody who I'd be paying to hack apart the car to see if they had done one before.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why it's so hard to find decent tow bar suppliers/installers in this country that have worked with Audis.

I've even heard some pretty mixed reports with the results achieved by Audi dealers...

I've helped someone wire in the module and do the coding before on a Q5 - certainly wasn't rocket science!

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I've even heard some pretty mixed reports with the results achieved by Audi dealers...
    Yep, will take it to a dealer outside Sydney that serves a semi-rural area. One Sydney dealer I spoke to does one a month, if that.

I spoke to Audi Centre Sydney, and whilst they are the factory owned dealer, they have a good 80 or so cars through the workshop each day so there is no guarantee you'll get a mechanic who knows how to do it.

And with a dealer, there is no dispute about who has to fix it if it goes wrong.

n
    Last edited by nerdag; July 27th, 2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdag View Post
    Thanks, yes I aware of this.

The one installer I was able to speak to said they wouldn't bother with coding, had never done an Audi, and would only use a bypass relay, which is why I wanted to speak to other installers to see if they at least knew what they'd be cutting and splicing into.

I didn't think it would be so hard to speak to somebody who I'd be paying to hack apart the car to see if they had done one before.
    Hi there.
    With the help of the Audi shop here in Canberra I pioneered the Westfalia tower assembly on the SQ5.
    Great set up when fitted correctly and fully integrated.
    It took their best trained Audi tech the better part of a day to complete the electronics but I was only charged for 3 hours as they learnt on this job.
    If interested do a search on Westfalia towbar or trawl through the SQ5 posts.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    Hi there.
    With the help of the Audi shop here in Canberra I pioneered the Westfalia tower assembly on the SQ5.
    Thanks Dingah,

This is good news for me to hear. The car is booked into Audi Centre Canberra for the genuine Audi towbar installation, which is incidentally made by Westfalia.

n