Thread: Selling my SQ5 - Qustion

Default Selling my SQ5 - Qustion

Hay guys Iím selling my 2013 SQ5.
    I received this reply. You recon itís legit?

Code:
    Where is it located at the moment? What's your final price? Why are you selling it? Does it need anything to be replaced or repaired? I'm cool with the condition as described on the advert. I work for Fly In Fly Out (FIFO)Mining, Oil and Gas and we are presently in a remote area. We do not have access to a phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with an internet messaging facility. Regarding the payment,  I can pay you through direct bank deposit (EFT), using PayPal instant bank wire transfer service. I will need your Account name, BSB, and Account number. If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a PayPal account properly at www.PayPal.com.au and I will make the payment through PayPal, this way, all I will need is your PayPal email address.

I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your account. With the issue of my details, transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the pickup agent. If you are not comfortable with that, you can cancel the registration and I will buy Unregistered.

Await your reply

S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

Sounds suspicious to me.

What if any contact have you had with this 'buyer' previous to this?

Sounds like a scam mate

This should answer your questions, looks like similar wording in the examples they have.

https://help.carsales.com.au/hc/en-g...-from-a-buyer-
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I’m a very pessimistic person and suspect absolutely everyone!! Ha!
    Rang ho Carsales and was correct. It’s a scam. Just be weary people trying to steal a living from everywhere!!
    Sad.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

It is a scam.

A very common one that has been around for years.

They reverse transaction in PayPal & you lose car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scam - delete and block.

Once they mention they're a FIFO worker, or on an offshore oil rig etc - it's a scam.

Getting really common. Sign of the times perhaps. I'm on an OS forum that specializes in my cars and have had cold call emails / PM's wanting to buy my cars but they have mistakenly thought I was local. String them along, not everyone is a crook by the way and there are honest buyers / sellers out there who may well be in this very situation. Always make payment by bank transfer if you are selling. It is not reversible once it has been deposited in your account. The only time I have seen a payment reversed is when the Bank makes a stuffup, then they claw it back pronto.

My experience FWIW is that I have only had unsatisfactory dealings with people that I actually know. Not to say that they have attempted to put one over, just have made assumptions that do not accord with the people I thought they were. All purchases with strangers have gone according to plan, no surprises.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Make a new bank account and put the money in that no harm in that.
    If here is a solid line of communication then it sounds like a solid sale. No harm in mapmaking an empty bank account. If it gets hacked who cares. I have an account for this exact reason to do suspicious transactions like such from China or Russia. Sometimes you can get some really good bargains there are worth the risk. So just have a burn account.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalatte View Post
    Hay guys Iím selling my 2013 SQ5.
    I received this reply. You recon itís legit?

Code:
    Where is it located at the moment? What's your final price? Why are you selling it? Does it need anything to be replaced or repaired? I'm cool with the condition as described on the advert. I work for Fly In Fly Out (FIFO)Mining, Oil and Gas and we are presently in a remote area. We do not have access to a phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with an internet messaging facility. Regarding the payment,  I can pay you through direct bank deposit (EFT), using PayPal instant bank wire transfer service. I will need your Account name, BSB, and Account number. If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a PayPal account properly at www.PayPal.com.au and I will make the payment through PayPal, this way, all I will need is your PayPal email address.

I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your account. With the issue of my details, transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the pickup agent. If you are not comfortable with that, you can cancel the registration and I will buy Unregistered.

Await your reply

Seriously and surely the drop dead give way is who uses the concept in OZ of I'll just get my courier ( general word )and have them just pick a car up at the drop of a hat and ship it thousands of k's away. Sure maybe if your a collector and talking 200k plus cars you have your go to car transporter, but were taking a sq5 here.

I had almost the same one when selling the Jeep a year ago or so. Presumably they get some people with this method..