Thread: Sq8

Default Sq8

Made the decision 6 weeks ago to order a new SQ8. I’m getting a Daytona Grey with the black pack,dynamic handling package and carbon fibre inlays. Townsville Audi did a great deal on it. Before I pick it up it will be opticoated and the whole front from the A pillars forward covered in 3M clear wrap. The windows will also be tinted with ceramic tint plus the front windscreen will be covered by a clear ceramic film. Will get the latest front/rear 900s 4K BlackVue dash cam fitted ASAP. The build date is week 43 and hopefully it will arrive in mid January. It’s not cheap but god that motor is a beast. We only live once and can’t take our money with us so may as well enjoy it whilst we can. This will be the most expensive car I will ever own(unless I win big lotto)and after this one I will go back down to the SQ5 or whatever is out there in 5-7 years time. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

Congrats Morrie. Look forward to seeing some pics and hearing your thoughts on the car once you have taken delivery.

Agree that the motor is a beast - awesome power and pretty economical (all things considered) when driven sedately.

Awesome car mate. I saw one on the road the other day, made me double take..

I love the rear back lights, fantastic..

On the 'can't take it with you comment'... my kids tend to disagree with you and have respectfully offered up an alternative to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
    Made the decision 6 weeks ago to order a new SQ8. Iím getting a Daytona Grey with the black pack,dynamic handling package and carbon fibre inlays. Townsville Audi did a great deal on it. Before I pick it up it will be opticoated and the whole front from the A pillars forward covered in 3M clear wrap. The windows will also be tinted with ceramic tint plus the front windscreen will be covered by a clear ceramic film. Will get the latest front/rear 900s 4K BlackVue dash cam fitted ASAP. The build date is week 43 and hopefully it will arrive in mid January. Itís not cheap but god that motor is a beast. We only live once and canít take our money with us so may as well enjoy it whilst we can. This will be the most expensive car I will ever own(unless I win big lotto)and after this one I will go back down to the SQ5 or whatever is out there in 5-7 years time. Canít wait for it to arrive.
    Well done buddy - was it ever in doubt?
    I am certain you will love it and dearly hope, it loves you.

Happy motoring
    DIngah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Thanks mate,hopefully if this Black Plague virus settles down we will head down you way some time next year and call in and see you and you can give it the once over.

Great news - look forward to the opportunity to pour over it as it looks like an awesome ride.
    A visit to Oz HQ will give you the opportunity to try the stellar S4 performance after APR Stage 1 - now that its settled down and trims are good it provides a sensational ride - around 2 secs 80-120 and 0-100 around the 3.5 second mark.
    These figures were almost unobtainable 5 years ago but now.....
    The great thing is its accessibility (occurs under 5000RPM) the shape of the throttle response (keep pressing and there's always more delivered but in a linear fashion) and it's smooth both in application and gear changes.
    But this is about you the amazing SQ8.
    As you have shown with the SQ5 you appear to be the ideal test pilot for your purchase so we all look forward to hearing about it all - promise not to go on about touch screens!!
    At least this time there is no need for DTUK to help!

Good luck and hope the delivery experience is what you hope for.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

Your S4 sounds like a rocket now mate. Down the track I might decide to put the DTUK chip on the SQ8. One of the Opencut Examiners at work was looking for a chip for his V8 Cruiser Ute and I told him about DTUK and we checked it out and they do one for his Ute. He emailed them 2 months ago and has never heard back from them so heís given them the flick.

Your S4 sounds like a rocket now mate. Down the track I might decide to put the DTUK chip on the SQ8. One of the Opencut Examiners at work was looking for a chip for his V8 Cruiser Ute and I told him about DTUK and we checked it out and they do one for his Ute. He emailed them 2 months ago and has never heard back from them so heís given them the flick.
    He missed nothing.
    Chipping a naturally aspirated petrol V8 achieves very little.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

Cool

Made the decision 6 weeks ago to order a new SQ8. Iím getting a Daytona Grey with the black pack,dynamic handling package and carbon fibre inlays. Townsville Audi did a great deal on it. Before I pick it up it will be opticoated and the whole front from the A pillars forward covered in 3M clear wrap. The windows will also be tinted with ceramic tint plus the front windscreen will be covered by a clear ceramic film. Will get the latest front/rear 900s 4K BlackVue dash cam fitted ASAP. The build date is week 43 and hopefully it will arrive in mid January. Itís not cheap but god that motor is a beast. We only live once and canít take our money with us so may as well enjoy it whilst we can. This will be the most expensive car I will ever own(unless I win big lotto)and after this one I will go back down to the SQ5 or whatever is out there in 5-7 years time. Canít wait for it to arrive.

Way to go Morrie .......... brilliant decision ... which I couldn't fault you with ...... the wait must killing you looking forward to your delivery report
    SQ5 - MY13 - Launch Edition