Thread: How many v10 R8 manuals in Australia? [emoji882]

Default How many v10 R8 manuals in Australia?

Hi all,
    Aiming to go for a R8 v10 in manual transmission but there just doesnít seem to be any coming up for sale at all. I think the last one on car sales was Nov 2019 and it was a 2011 model.

Any ideas on best way to track one down?
    Just seem to be a bit of a unicorn to find that model.
    Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gooniebomb View Post
    Hi all,
    Aiming to go for a R8 v10 in manual transmission but there just doesn’t seem to be any coming up for sale at all. I think the last one on car sales was Nov 2019 and it was a 2011 model.

Any ideas on best way to track one down?
    Just seem to be a bit of a unicorn to find that model.
    Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All luck and timing. Lucky your not a Millenial. Eg patience and get in the queue. If you see one its basically offer more than advertised subject to a ppi within 10 minutes of you seeing one advertised. Eg I am tracking and reckon 4 in the last 2 years and one was a WOVR for 140k and spoke to a guy with one that drove it from Sydney to Perth. Get your checkbook out eg not much change from 180k pre covid days I reckon. Murphy's law and one will surface in the next week or so. I know of a couple of guys super keen on landing one.
    Last edited by smit2100; November 20th, 2020 at 11:11 PM.

R8 V10 Manual is what I need, Hard part would be deciding on a Coupe or Spyder hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by VAG80Y View Post
    R8 V10 Manual is what I need, Hard part would be deciding on a Coupe or Spyder hmmmm
    hmmmmmmmm, keep pontificating mate. if one come up on carsales there would be 50 buyers ready to pounce on either. if i had one, i would auction one and i reckon in covid times your lookin at least low to mid 2's. You got that covered right

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by smit2100 View Post
    hmmmmmmmm, keep pontificating mate. if one come up on carsales there would be 50 buyers ready to pounce on either. if i had one, i would auction one and i reckon in covid times your lookin at least low to mid 2's. You got that covered right
    Well, maybe I just do have that covered :) I know there's been a few v10 manual coupes (including the black one that you and I know of that went across the Nullarbor) but not many spyders would they fetch more than the coupes? or considered not as desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by VAG80Y View Post
    Well, maybe I just do have that covered :) I know there's been a few v10 manual coupes (including the black one that you and I know of that went across the Nullarbor) but not many spyders would they fetch more than the coupes? or considered not as desirable?
    Good to know you may have that covered. I wouldn't touch a spyder / convertible. I rather have more permanent metal around me and less metal should be cheaper. So I would need to lower the eyes and number of cylinders as they are appear more obtainable and prices don't seem to have suffered the same COVID tax multiplier factor effect compared to other models / brands. Topgear valved exhaust and tune and send the mag shocks to Poland for a rebuild and sit on it until its time some clever shop moves away from fored induction to all electrical bolt in induction solution

Did the Manuelís come with the 5L or the 5.2L V10?
    Iv only seen Manuel 5L V10 Gallardos never in the 5.2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The V10s are 5.2 litres.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    The V10s are 5.2 litres.
    Yeh I couldnít see audi putting in the 5L being that it was designed for the Gallardo. Itís so hard to get any info on the Manuelís Being they are so rare.
    Iv seen guys converting Manuel V8ís to V10s and its a nightmare. One guy showed even the air scoops are different on the V10. I had no idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alister your PMs are full