Thread: Broken Magnetic Bit Hindering me in closing / raising the roof of my s3 cabriolet

1. Default Broken Magnetic Bit Hindering me in closing / raising the roof of my s3 cabriolet

Hi Guys,

Tonight I was trying close the roof of my audi s3 cabriolet (My 2015), and something strange occurred. The lid which houses the roof wouldn't close (i.e. it wouldn't lock in place). After close inspection (at night), I found a part lying around which I believe has come lose from somewhere. I attach photos of this part. If anyone can figure out where this part belongs in the roofing compartment I would love to know.

I have looked at the part from all different angles and I can't figure out where it came out from. I am absolutely bamboozled. I do think that this part is a trigger or a sensor to indicate to the electronics that the storage compartment is down and the locking mechanism can be engaged. This part in my hand is magnetic and thats why i feel it is playing an important part in determining if the roof is closed or not.

https://flic.kr/ps/2tkXJK

Tej
    Last edited by live_life_tb; November 28th, 2020 at 12:15 AM.

Your part shows the part number 8V7837343. I typed it in to the googlematic and it came back with this diagram.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6