Thread: FCP EURO timing belt kit 4.2 v8

Default FCP EURO timing belt kit 4.2 v8

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...-2-audiv8tbkit

Fcp euro kit for Timing belt v8

C5 s6 rs6
    D2 a8 s8

$400
    Willing to ship

OK, I'll take it, just prepping for a service so it'll be handy. Can you pm me and we can sort out the details.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Sad, but in 7 years on this Forum, this is the very first time a forum member hasn't been honest in a transaction. After posting I'd take the advertised kit, I then had to chase the guy up as he never responded. After paying the $400 he then hit me extra for the postage which I paid. The kit arrived in the box it was shipped from the US. The original receipt was in the box confirming the kit delivered to him was as stated, except when this same kit arrived at mine, the bottles of factory coolant were missing. So, the kit was supplied to him correct but the essential reason I bought the kit was for the waterpump and coolant and the coolant just didn't make it to me.

We texted a few times before payment and he had every opportunity to mention that the kit was now incomplete but nothing was said. Full disclosure, he threw in a Meyle auto trans filter and gasket (which he acknowledged might not fit my trans) and a timing belt bar and crank lock pin which now gives me three of these sets which I so desperately need . I have tried to text and phone, no replies to the texts and the phone doesnt pick up so nothing more I can do. He has had plenty of time to respond so I can only conclude he has his head down waiting for this to blow over.

In the order of $80 worth missing from the specified package sold to me. Someone may still want to deal with this guy in the future and over to you on that but for what it is worth, only deal in person to be sure you're getting what you paid for.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Well that's not good. While it's *only* $80, it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. $80 is still $80.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

Get their username changed to 'Buyer Bewarne'
    WAUZZZ
    Current B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    B6 S4 JHM
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by broke90 View Post
    Well that's not good. While it's *only* $80, it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. $80 is still $80.
    No, it won't break the bank, but I will have to pay twice for quality coolant which as we all know isn't cheap. The big deal is every buyer on here stumps up with no guarantee that they will ever see the item for sale. There is a lot of trust in the transactions for the buyer, no risk for the seller, and up to now every seller on here I've dealt with has been solid and you'd have no trouble dealing with them again, which I have in many cases. Still, at least it's a reminder that some people don't come here to be part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    There is a lot of trust in the transactions for the buyer, no risk for the seller, and up to now every seller on here I've dealt with has been solid and you'd have no trouble dealing with them again, which I have in many cases. Still, at least it's a reminder that some people don't come here to be part of the community.
    Can't agree with you more. We should be able to trust others in this community, especially when it comes to dealing with parts - we're all owners and enthusiasts of the same brand so bound to have parts no longer needed. Sadly, all it takes is selfishness of one or two.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6