Thread: US adds GST to purchases

Default US adds GST to purchases

Quick heads up, I was pottering around on ECS tuning yesterday and put a potential article in the trolley. went to the checkout to get a freight price and I see that GST is now added to the total price(product and freight). Definitely new as I bought an item in December and there was no gst component in the price then. I have yet to check other vendors that I use to see how wide spread this is.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : modified -- B5 Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- 2007 VW Touareg TDI 3.0 with air suspension and lockers-- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

I think once a business does a certain $ value of business to Australia, then they may need to register for GST.

I guess the best part of that is, that the parcel shouldn’t get held up in Australia waiting payment of duty or GST, if that would have been required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current rides: Audi SQ5, HSV E3 GTS, Ducati Streetfighter

GST only has to be added up to a value of $1000Aus, unfortunately most overseas suppliers haven't read try fine print and you have to pay the GST twice and then get a refund from them is it's over $700US.
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille, Nardo Grey Wrap.