Thread: Hydraulic lines leaking

1. Default Hydraulic lines leaking

Hi,

My Audi 90 Quattro 20v (Australian delivered 1989) is leaking hydraulic fluid from just about every hose coming from the power steering pump. Guessing these are the original lines so at 30+ years old I guess it's not surprising. The leaks seem to be coming from the crimped joins rather than the banjo fittings. My question is whether or not it is possible to have the hoses rebuilt/refurbished using the original fittings. I can't seem to find new lines anywhere so guessing they where discontinued years ago like many other 90 Quattro parts. I'm also after a new pump as mine sounds very tired. I've looked online but it appears only second hand pumps are available. Does anyone know if there are new pumps available anywhere that fit this car?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blagle View Post
    Hi,

My Audi 90 Quattro 20v (Australian delivered 1989) is leaking hydraulic fluid from just about every hose coming from the power steering pump. Guessing these are the original lines so at 30+ years old I guess it's not surprising. The leaks seem to be coming from the crimped joins rather than the banjo fittings. My question is whether or not it is possible to have the hoses rebuilt/refurbished using the original fittings. I can't seem to find new lines anywhere so guessing they where discontinued years ago like many other 90 Quattro parts. I'm also after a new pump as mine sounds very tired. I've looked online but it appears only second hand pumps are available. Does anyone know if there are new pumps available anywhere that fit this car?

Thanks
    Go to your local hydraulic hose guy and ask what they can do. Even better if you can find someone who does a lot of automotive work. Nothing is impossible but you may need to pay for quite a few hours on occasion to get the result.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

blagle (February 16th, 2021)