Thread: Audi S5 2017 Brake Change

1. Default Audi S5 2017 Brake Change

Hi All,

My Audi S5 Coupe 2017 is just over 30,000 kms and haven't been driven much in the last 9 or so months due to COVID.

I recently got it serviced at the dealer and I was told that the brake pads along with rotor needs to replaced as they are 11mm @ front and 10.8 @ back (min 7mm).

Could someone advise me on how to go about it as I don't intend to get it done at the dealer.

Some questions I have are as below
    1. How can identify the proper brake pads without visiting a mechanic, so that I can source it independently.
    2. Can the rotors be machined or is it advised to be replaced along with the pads
    3. The car mechanics I spoke to who are located in Melbourne Monash Area stated that they don't fit customer sourced parts, for reasons beyond my comprehension, can someone recommend a mechanic who can do it.

Thank you.

-Jay

Based on the measurements and minimum thickness provided it sounds to me like you've still got plenty of life left in the current rotors Jay.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Based on the measurements and minimum thickness provided it sounds to me like you've still got plenty of life left in the current rotors Jay.
    Hi Alistair, thanks alot for that, it was really helpful, I'll hold on for time being.

-Jay