Thread: C8 RS6 garage door opening

Default C8 RS6 garage door opening

Hi All
    its been a while since my last post and in fact Audi ownership. Glad to say im back and have recently taken delivery of a Daytona Grey C8 RS6. Initial impressions are brilliant. Doesnít feel like a 2t car, great feedback, tech and interior. As mentioned in the press the exhaust sound could be a touch more aggressive.

i noticed in the manual there is a button that allows you to link garage door remote. I canít for the life of me find this button and much info online. Does anyone know if this feature is available in Australia?

thanks
    2010 VW R36 Wagon. Icelandic Grey

Congrats on the car - would be great to see some pics of it.

In terms of the garage door opener, it’s called Homelink. You don’t tend to see it in Australian spec Audis (I have seen it in a couple of locally delivered cars though). It can be retrofit but you may also require an additional receiver on your garage door opener to get it to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by djA4 View Post
    Hi All
    As mentioned in the press the exhaust sound could be a touch more aggressive.
    Interesting you say this. The Evil GT boys over in the UK have just bought an RS6 and said the same thing, hence, they are looking at upgrades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaP5...channel=EVILGT
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

Thanks for the responses

From what I could see in the manual it looks to be a different system to the home link. Itís a nice to have I guess

The only pic I have at this stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a nice to have - good to have an integrated solution rather than having to fumble around for remotes.

Car looks great too BTW - I assume you are happy with it so far?

Yes ecstatic. As I said only thing I can pick on is the exhaust note. The tech and drive are brilliant.

I was in the market for a C7 but amazed that prices started to increase over the last 6 months. Could get a low km 2018 for around 130-140k and now asking 150-160k. That and the fact the interior from 2014 was getting dated the jump to the C8 was justified (well thatís what Iíve been telling myself).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk