Thread: B7 RS4 - Help, wiring up aftermarket steering wheel controls.

Default B7 RS4 - Help, wiring up aftermarket steering wheel controls.

Hey All

I bought this universal steering wheel control to pair with my new Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT head unit

So for the wiring i've taken the harness that plugs into the head unit via the 3.5mm jack and hooked up the Ground, Key1, Key2 wires, then hooked the ACC wire up to the red wire from the head unit. Note: Left the ANT wire as I believe that is not required?

Here is a pic of the wiring harnesses for reference.

However when powering on the head unit, the "Steering Wheel Control" menu item stays greyed out. I have ensured that i have "Source Off" which I saw on a video online.
    One thing we noticed is that on the small black receiver box, there is a little red light inside of it. When I touch on the red power wire, the light goes on then quickly goes off. I am wondering whether that light should stay illuminated the whole time. If that is the case, then I may have received a faulty item. See pic below for location of red light (hole where red arrow is pointing).

Another question, in the first image. Where the green arrow is, am I supposed to plug this into my Aerpro harness as per the orange arrow below?

I have tried both plugged in and unplugged in the Aerpro and neither is working.

So in summary

• Should the red light on the little black receiver stay on the whole time (red arrow in image 3)?
    • Should I plug into the Aerpro harness as per the image above?
    • Am I correct in not attaching the ANT wire?

If everything is hooked up correctly, I am suspecting that I got a faulty unit.
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

I would try little plug (green arrow) directly into back of headunit in the wired remote socket.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I would try little plug (green arrow) directly into back of headunit in the wired remote socket.
    Yeah already done that
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob