Thread: New Family Member in my garage

Default New Family Member in my garage

Picked up this little pocket rocket from a ozAudi member on the weekend.

S3.jpg

Going to be a bit of a project and it needs lots of love and attention, especially on the paint work.

Engine has a CIA and APR Stage 1 (and hi-flow cat)..

Something that hopefully my daughter and I can work on together and do a few tracks days

Nice one Stu.

Looks good in yellow - not a common colour on the 8P S3s but sets it apart on the road.

I assume you went this direction instead of the R32 route? If so, good decision IMO as it's going to be better suited to some track work and definitely more mod friendly.

Nice Stu, welcome to the Imola family
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

yeah Alister, went with S3 based on Guy harding comments (R32 not that good)...

More parts around as well. This one needs a few of them. Spent 5 hour yesterday just cleaning...!!! 1 hour just getting the dirt out of the door hinges...

I like the Imola, and the wife does too. It stands out. Only trouble is my daughters ex boyfriend lives in the street we can see from our house and he's just got one a month or so ago Haven't seen him there for a few weeks, so hopefully he's moved out..

looks good mate but then again I am a bit biassed. first track mod I'd recommend is uprated rear sway, they are pretty prone to understeer from stock...

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    looks good mate but then again I am a bit biassed. first track mod I'd recommend is uprated rear sway, they are pretty prone to understeer from stock...
    Thanks mate. I've been following your thread, so some excellent information in there.
    In resisting trying to make this car look brand new... it's not working yet, with me spending most of the time cleaning it!

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk