Thread: Recommendations - A3 8P engine

Default Recommendations - A3 8P engine

Hi All,

A3 8P 2009, 1.8 Conv.
    Another oil guzzling engine has come to its knees, so I am looking for recommendations on where I could source either a reconditioned one, or if people know of other places I could get it rebuilt at that I can get quotes from? Currently in the ACT and the verdict is that the small end bearing has gone, so they want to replace everything inside seeing it is chewing oil. Quote is 11K to rebuild.
    I will keep trawling the net, though keen to hear from experiences that people have had doing similar.

Thanks

maybe start at the wreckers for a replacement one.
    I had to get a new one for my 1.8T many years ago. One place 'exchanged' my engine.
    Cost will be a few thousand to do the swap, cost of engine will be dependent on the seller...

Thank you
    I have searched based on your advice found a similar car being wrecked with 45k/km in it with no front end damage. Just waiting on an answer of costs.
    Cheers

good luck mate.

Tapping in to this thread, will a BZB engine be a straight swap for a CDAA? Both are 1.8T the CDAA is chewing through the oil, it is mated to a 7speed.

Sent from my motorola one macro using Tapatalk

Friend bought an A3 off marketplace and the motor blew cylinder 4 on the drive home, he left the car untouched till we found a used motor from a wrecker with low km $2.2k with 50k km, labour to fit was $1k.
    Those CDAA motors are notorious, try and find a later year production engine 2011+.
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    B8 S4
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T
    B5 S4 GIAC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChenga For This Useful Post: