Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Tablet not working

Interesting...

It's an Android on 4.4 Kit Kat so it's 6-7 yo. The Audi interface just sits on top of the OS. It's made by Pegatron.

https://www.slashgear.com/audis-andr...slab-07363094/

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6 (Unreg)

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro

might be just work replacing with an ipad or something similar.

3. Default

Audi will not give me any info on what is the problem, i first thought it was not being charged via the car in the headrest, there is an option to charge it normally as per most devices, but it was dead, I'm told if the battery is dead it will not charge anyway, that's why it could just be the battery, have asked local techs to look at it but they are not interested, apparently it is an Android made by Pegatron.

4. Default

The iPad option would be the way to go if I still wanted to give the grandkids something to look at when in the car, they are only occasionally in the car and can use a phone or iPad if needed on a long trip, it is not really important to get the tablet working again as I will hardly ever use it myself, that's why its not worth spending a lot of money on it, but what a shame to have this well engineered device and not have it usable, and it might only be the battery.

Not sure where you are, but there is a place in chatswood shopping centre that fixes my tables and phones.

Maybe just ask them how much to open up and check out the battery (It maybe a 'generic one' they can source)... Always worth spending $80 or so to get the 'genuine' model looked at.

I'd be happy to have a look at it just out of curiosity. In my research of the tablet, heaps of batteries came up with the search. Can't confirm they're the same ones until I can see the number on the battery. But if you're not too fussed about getting it to work again then there's no harm to have a look. If it's just the battery then that should be a cheap fix. I'm in the Blue Mountains. If you're in the gold Coast as your name suggests, I'm planning on a trip to there as soon as we're out of lockdown. I have to pick up my in-law's car and drive it back.

Current:

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

7. Default

Thanks for the offer, time is not a problem but letís hope this lockdown finishes soon, I am at Bilinga which is just near the border, what part of the Goldie will you be visiting. I will keep trying up here to have the battery looked at in the meantime, but not holding my breath, itís a throwaway if I canít get it sorted.

The car's at a mate's place and he'll drive it to the airport when I can get up there. Bilinga's right there as well so that'll work nicely.

The battery showing up in the search is just US$50-70 so with postage to Australia, around A$100+/-. Once I can get to the battery, I should be able to tell if it's dead or something else. You'll be spewing if you toss it and it turns out to be just a $100 fix.

Current:

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

9. Default

Thanks broke90, we could have a plan here, while you are running hot what do you know about the Google maps fiasco, if you donít know Audi and Google have parted ways, I am devastated as I used to have it permanently up on the main screen as it was soooo nice to see the ocean, beach, headlands etc instead of normal suburbia, the Blue Mountains would be a nice vision as well. According to Audi Aus there is no fix, I have had quotes here to do some sort of fix but not guaranteed for between $1,000 and $1,800, but would have to jump through a lot of hurdles, the UK seems to be doing it easily for about $40ish, there are a lot of Audi owners in Aus not happy who would love a solution.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about that one. I've only read about Google Earth no longer supported and there are update issues because of that, leading to functionality problems. That's one of the pet hates I have about such high levels of integration. I'm from the old(er) school of plugging in discrete devices with the functions I want and if that device dies or no longer updates, I'll plug in the next replacement. Granted the integration probably won't be as neat but it saves a whole heap of heartaches after. Every new piece of tech is a marvel, until it stops working. And when it's super-integrated, it's very hard or expensive to fix. Or you end up without the function you'd paid for.

Current:

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6