Thread: S7 navigation replacement

Default S7 navigation replacement

I am an Aussie living in Japan and own a 2014 S7 which I am considering shipping to Australia when I move back. If I ship it back I would ideally like to replace the navigation system and assume that I would need to replace the whole system rather than simply being able to update the map to an Australian map and potentially also adjust the radio/tv band width etc to local standards. I am wondering if anyone has imported an Audi and updated the navigation/stereo/tv system and can confirm what is required and what the approximate cost is please? Any advice in relation to this much appreciated.

Do you have carplay feature? I don't use the cars nav anymore as the maps get outdated quickly and I like using waze via carplay.
    Usually with Maps you can load another region with a map/software file which may cost a few hundred $. Radio & tv should be fine i guess? Might need to change regions with vcds or a plug in tool.
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    B8 S4
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T

You may be able to get the right 'firmware' and maps for this to happen. I've seen firmware from a guy called Congo on other forums that people are using to get up-to-date.

Obviously the other option is reach out to Audi Aus (and be patient!) and see if they can help you. They might be keen to take your money for a firmware and map update.

Failing that, check out rsnav, which has a direct replacement for most Audi's with new touch screen and Android operating system, giving you more features, but also retaining the audi interface when you want to swap over.

Thanks for the tip on the firmware update, I will check it out!!

Unfortunately no car play feature with the setup I have!

Great information, thanks for the tip!!