Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Knight View Post
    I’ve gone black sedan with the carbon pack mainly as I’m not a big fan of the back bumper and I don’t like seeing the car colour on the door frame when sitting in it, I’ve seen a few black RS3 around and they look fairly mean so hopefully the new one will also but there isn’t many videos of black sedans out there to see.
    Great colour choice, I was torn between Daytona, Kemora, Black, and White. Black will look f'ing menacing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m_mcfly For This Useful Post:

singhr11 (December 16th, 2021)

I suspect the onyy colour worth going for, to hide the hideous rear bumper inserts and that stupid extended black front grille, is Black. Petty black is so 2000's.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    I suspect the onyy colour worth going for, to hide the hideous rear bumper inserts and that stupid extended black front grille, is Black. Petty black is so 2000's.
    Everyone has different tastes and that rear bar is somewhat growing on me. I don’t think black is very 2000’s, seen a few RS cars in black and they all look pretty tough in it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan Knight For This Useful Post:

singhr11 (December 19th, 2021)

I still love black. There is a merc amf around my area that looks super mean in black.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by m_mcfly View Post
    I have seen the build screen for my car in the dealers system. It's now a planned production week 4 build, and it specifically says in the build sheet under Codes REARVIEW CAMERA. Which I am told is a code created by Audi to signify the lack of a 360 camera.
    Just spoke with my dealer. Same deal. No 360 camera. Build week 11. Can wait for the 360 camera but not likely to see the car until 2023
    Current: 8V 2017 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 1 | Matt Aluminium Styling Pack | Matrix LED | Sunroof
    On Order: 8Y 2022 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design Package Red | Sunroof | 5 Spoke Graphic Print Wheels

Does anyone know if the 360 camera is able to be fitted at a later date or has to come from factory fitted?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by remi28 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 360 camera is able to be fitted at a later date or has to come from factory fitted?

Can retrofit. Surrounding camera - 4 camera system - for Audi A3 8Y (kufatec.com)

Not cheap. I'll probably go down this route as its a nice feature to have
    Current: 8V 2017 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 1 | Matt Aluminium Styling Pack | Matrix LED | Sunroof
    On Order: 8Y 2022 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design Package Red | Sunroof | 5 Spoke Graphic Print Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by niceunit View Post
    Can retrofit. Surrounding camera - 4 camera system - for Audi A3 8Y (kufatec.com)

Not cheap. I'll probably go down this route as its a nice feature to have
    damn that isn't cheap.. something to consider to weigh up waiting into 2023 or getting the car earlier

damn that isn't cheap.. something to consider to weigh up waiting into 2023 or getting the car earlier

Yeah, I thought the same but I'd rather get it without as you might find a 2023 delivered car comes with other things missing. Don't think the chip shortage is going away anytime soon Volkswagen Unconvinced Chip Crisis Will Ease, Anticipates Production To Fall Again In 2022 | Carscoops

Looks like the car may already have the wiring in the front bar - if that's the case, would be a lot cheaper install. Just a matter of grabbing the mirror cameras/bottom mirror housings (also assume the loom would be in the mirrors for the camera's as well), front camera and recoding. Guys in the UK are already onto it as they're in the same position as the first batch of Oz cars - missing the 360 camera

frontbar_rs3.jpg

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niceunit For This Useful Post:

m_mcfly (December 21st, 2021), remi28 (December 21st, 2021)