Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Quote Originally Posted by JavagreenA1 View Post
    Yeah we shall see- I've given my Kemora order dealer (week 7) half deposit and advised the other half when the build starts first week of Feb just incase it gets pushed back in the line and I hear back from my Daytona order that I have an allocation.

Waverley Audi also have 2 allocations for week 28/29, both mythos black, one sportback one sedan, that consultant advised me of the "price increase" as of Jan 1 and quoted 115K drive away with panroof and rs design lol!
    Yeah, some dealers are getting cocky and jacking up prices. As I said, earlier, I got quoted $115K and then $110K for a completely base spec car in a hatch when the official prices came out.

Those cars are still in the window to get a spec change though. From memory, I think I was told it was about 8 weeks out from the build date that they need to lock in specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    That would be disappointing for the ones that have possibly forfeited the 360 cam to get an earlier delivery only to find it arrive at the dealership beside vehicles with all features, not easily spotted at the dealership but would soon surface here as the first deliveries are discussed.
    Agree, hence why I had two orders in. I wanted a car ASAP, but also wanted the 360 camera, but was expecting it to take another 6-9 months for a 360 camera car. I thought I'd punt one around, and get the car I wanted in time and break-even or lose a few grand/ what it would cost me to repair/replace a rim that I would inevitably scratch without a 360 in time. Or just give the first one to the Mr's and close my eyes, whilst I drove the car in the spec I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by JavagreenA1 View Post
    Highly doubt this will happen, from my conversations with alot of dealers, theres alot with build week 25+ and early 30+ that shows on their end delivery on 2023. It looks like the single digit week builds are only a handful were used to be demonstrators for dealer showrooms.
    Missed this in my last post. Jesuzzzzz, I would be pretty dirty if may car didn't land until 23. Your comment makes wonder if my earlier build week car got taken by the dealership as a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by m_mcfly View Post
    Yeah, fair point mate. I reckon we should all just make a pact on whoever gets their car first in whichever city has to let everyone else drive it... or at least take them for spin and let them check it out
    Id quite happily let everyone drive it but most insurance companies I have talked to want to put strict restrictions on who ca drive it lol, funny thing is I first tried Shannonís when I sold my current car and the guy said he wasnít sure they could insure me as they didnít know if I could handle it, I reminded him the car I just sold and told them to take off my policy was a heavily worked Commodore with more power.

Iíd be curious to see if anyone has enquired about insurance or has a company in mind. Shannons will insure me but with me as main driver and only 1 other person as a limited driver for about $1500 which I didnít think was too bad but I havenít got anyone elseís quotes to go off for comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Knight View Post
    Id quite happily let everyone drive it but most insurance companies I have talked to want to put strict restrictions on who ca drive it lol, funny thing is I first tried Shannon’s when I sold my current car and the guy said he wasn’t sure they could insure me as they didn’t know if I could handle it, I reminded him the car I just sold and told them to take off my policy was a heavily worked Commodore with more power.

I’d be curious to see if anyone has enquired about insurance or has a company in mind. Shannons will insure me but with me as main driver and only 1 other person as a limited driver for about $1500 which I didn’t think was too bad but I haven’t got anyone else’s quotes to go off for comparison
    I've never had a policy that wouldn't insure any driver under 25 for an excess premium.

I've always had cars insured with NRMA who have seemed to be reasonable. However, my current 2016 M2 quote got up to $4K a year (Evo X, Golf 7R, and Focus RS were around $1.2K from memory, or near enough that I wasn't bothered). I switched to bingle after that NRMA quote and Bingle's price was $1.2K.

I appreciate there is a probable difference in service, but I just could not justify the price differential.

For reference, I am a 37 y/o male, with no at faults for 15 years and a few speeding fines (but never to get me to the point where I had less than 8 points), and my only at fault was a bumper touch when I was about 22 (reversing in a carpark looking over my shoulder with the bonnet of the other car below my field of vision and in a C pillar blind spot).

Quote Originally Posted by m_mcfly View Post
    I've never had a policy that wouldn't insure any driver under 25 for an excess premium.

I've always had cars insured with NRMA who have seemed to be reasonable. However, my current 2016 M2 quote got up to $4K a year (Evo X, Golf 7R, and Focus RS were around $1.2K from memory, or near enough that I wasn't bothered). I switched to bingle after that NRMA quote and Bingle's price was $1.2K.

I appreciate there is a probable difference in service, but I just could not justify the price differential.

For reference, I am a 37 y/o male, with no at faults for 15 years and a few speeding fines (but never to get me to the point where I had less than 8 points), and my only at fault was a bumper touch when I was about 22 (reversing in a carpark looking over my shoulder with the bonnet of the other car below my field of vision and in a C pillar blind spot).
    Cheers for that, Iím much the same as you just a bit older. I will be main driver as the missus wouldnít drive my last car in fear she would damage it and I reckon it will be same here, my kids wonít get to touch it so will be me as sole driver.