Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Specs as given to me by a dealer

• alarm is removed - why?
    • I assume the default steering wheel isn't flat bottomed either, if so not a fan of that. Not sure if the RS design pack would be flat?

• 2016 S3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | PP1 | Roof | Assistance Package (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights (CURRENT)

Thanks for sharing! The aussie cars are well specced, not many options at all which is good! But the removal of the alarm is an interesting one!

Spoke to my dealer - unfortunately no flat bottom wheel for Oz, apparently the auto lane keeping assistance feature only comes with the round wheel! When the design package plus is optioned, it just adds alcantara and contrast stitching to the steering wheel! Pity.....because RS cars traditionally always have flat-bottomed steering wheels!

Not so sure about the front bumper being blacked out so much, even with the Matte Aluminium option, it still is quite dark as manhattan grey (is really one or 2 shades lighter than black!). May need to get that painted up in body colour if it doesnt look good!
    Last edited by zacz; October 8th, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

Hmmm that isn't good news on the steering wheel, I love the flat bottom version. I knew it was gone on the RSQ3 but had hoped it was just a temporary COVID supply thing.

I have also been told that there is no more Audi Corporate program so no more free servicing and discounts on dealer delivery, not sure if anyone else has heard that or has any insights into what that means for those of us that did receive this previously (other than more expensive purchases). Will be interesting to see what happens with pricing but guessing that Audi might be moving towards the fixed price model that Mercedes will have from next year or in the current climate with supply and demand the way it is they simply don't need to discount them.

Hey all, Iím fairly new on here. I placed my order yesterday for a black sedan with the carbon and rs design package but was disappointed to find it wonít have the flat bottom steering wheel, hopefully somewhere in the future someone will find a way of changing this will have to see what is looks when it arrives. From what I was told it will arrive around June but I did t see the bit about no alarm, might have to look into that one. Good luck everyone that orders one,looks like itís gonna be a pretty cool car

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Knight View Post
    Hey all, I’m fairly new on here. I placed my order yesterday for a black sedan with the carbon and rs design package but was disappointed to find it won’t have the flat bottom steering wheel, hopefully somewhere in the future someone will find a way of changing this will have to see what is looks when it arrives. From what I was told it will arrive around June but I did t see the bit about no alarm, might have to look into that one. Good luck everyone that orders one,looks like it’s gonna be a pretty cool car
    Congrats on the order mate, well done. How did you go pricing wise (happy if you want to PM me if you don't want to share publicly). Curious to know what discounting if any is happening.

Just under 120 on road and thatís with 5 year servicing included. I wanted the ceramic brakes but couldnít justify the $13,000 for them especially as itís going to be more a weekend cruiser for me plus it would have held up delivery for at least 3 months. Sunroof I believe will hold mine up a few weeks but I can live with that

Just under 120 on road and that’s with 5 year servicing included. I wanted the ceramic brakes but couldn’t justify the $13,000 for them especially as it’s going to be more a weekend cruiser for me plus it would have held up delivery for at least 3 months. Sunroof I believe will hold mine up a few weeks but I can live with that
    Thanks mate, and congrats again on the purchase :)

Quote Originally Posted by Magician View Post
    Thanks mate, and congrats again on the purchase :)
    Thanks, now itís a waiting game

Thanks, now itís a waiting game
    Congrats but WoW, that's a shedffull of money for a smaller RS3/RSQ3.
    My 2016 RSQ3 purchase with everything was a shade over $90k.
    The SQ5 I ordered with everything and due at end of this CY also had 5 years warranty and servicing and was south of $120k.
    I guess with supply and demand the way it is the buyer is no longer in a strong position.
    Now for the waiting game.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    Congrats but WoW, that's a shedffull of money for a smaller RS3/RSQ3.
    My 2016 RSQ3 purchase with everything was a shade over $90k.
    The SQ5 I ordered with everything and due at end of this CY also had 5 years warranty and servicing and was south of $120k.
    I guess with supply and demand the way it is the buyer is no longer in a strong position.
    Now for the waiting game.

Dingah
    You get a lot more car with this and quite a few things now come as standard so I get the price tag. Slightly disappointing is some options will delay delivery, eg sunroof adds a few weeks and ceramic brakes probably a few months but I one model available that if you optioned it with sunroof there was no guarantee you could actually get the car