Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Quote Originally Posted by 001_RS3 View Post
    Yes, what dealer offered me for 360 cam is peanuts! But it is definitely not a deal breaker for me. I have had it on other cars and I am fine with not having it on RS3 (as it is a small...ish car).
    Don't think you can retro fit a 360 cam - definitely not OEM.
    I reckon you will be able to source genuine parts somewhere in the future but they wonít be cheap. To tell you the truth Iíve never had 360 camera and if the car didnít have it I honestly wouldnít care but seeing as it is an option and Iím spending so much money on the car I do want it plus when selling it later on Iím not sure how it will affect it if all the later delivered models have options the first delivered cars donít so for me the car sits there waiting to be built. Iím not sure on this but if the dealer has the car sold then they get another one allocated so I think itís in their best interests for the customer to accept their car instead of it sitting there on order

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Knight View Post
    I reckon you will be able to source genuine parts somewhere in the future but they wonít be cheap. To tell you the truth Iíve never had 360 camera and if the car didnít have it I honestly wouldnít care but seeing as it is an option and Iím spending so much money on the car I do want it plus when selling it later on Iím not sure how it will affect it if all the later delivered models have options the first delivered cars donít so for me the car sits there waiting to be built. Iím not sure on this but if the dealer has the car sold then they get another one allocated so I think itís in their best interests for the customer to accept their car instead of it sitting there on order
    I see what you mean. Fingers crossed. I just hope that on future models they don't get rid of more standard options.

I see what you mean. Fingers crossed. I just hope that on future models they don't get rid of more standard options.
    OEM parts can be retro fitted. If the car is pre-wired, retro fitting the 360 cameras as an eg should be pretty straight forward and not a bank breaking exercise. At the most expensive end of options, kaufatec provide a full retrofit package using all OEM parts Surrounding camera - 4 camera system - for Audi A3 8Y (kufatec.com)

On a related note, USA configurator is up

Build your own > 2022 RS 3 > 2022 > RS 3 Sedan [REDIRECT] > Audi | Luxury sedans, SUVs, convertibles, electric vehicles & more (audiusa.com)

Hopefully the factory is getting back up to speed and we'll see more RS3s delivered in Australia
    Current: 8V 2017 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 1 | Matt Aluminium Styling Pack | Matrix LED | Sunroof
    On Order: 8Y 2022 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design Package Red | Sunroof | 5 Spoke Graphic Print Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by niceunit View Post
    OEM parts can be retro fitted. If the car is pre-wired, retro fitting the 360 cameras as an eg should be pretty straight forward and not a bank breaking exercise. At the most expensive end of options, kaufatec provide a full retrofit package using all OEM parts Surrounding camera - 4 camera system - for Audi A3 8Y (kufatec.com)

On a related note, USA configurator is up

Build your own > 2022 RS 3 > 2022 > RS 3 Sedan [REDIRECT] > Audi | Luxury sedans, SUVs, convertibles, electric vehicles & more (audiusa.com)

Hopefully the factory is getting back up to speed and we'll see more RS3s delivered in Australia
    Thanks for sharing.
    But wow 2400EU plus fit/install! No, I am paying that much for 360 cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Knight View Post
    Only way I will accept no camera is if they offer something decent, for me a few hundred dollars isnít worth it when it would cost around $3000 to have it fitted later. Iím not sure everytime I look at it I would be happy that itís missing options after I spent so much coin on it and itís something I will regret for sure so Iím happy to tell the dealer it can sit there and wait until it has what I want fitted
    Fair enough too.
    Your Dealer will probably be pretty happy with that, as IMHO, from the sound of things, RS3s in any configuration are going to be in short supply, so He should be be easily able to sell "your" car, whilst still having your original order in place.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Fair enough too.
    Your Dealer will probably be pretty happy with that, as IMHO, from the sound of things, RS3s in any configuration are going to be in short supply, so He should be be easily able to sell "your" car, whilst still having your original order in place.
    Pickles.
    Maybe but they get allocated the slots by Audi so they can sell as many cars as they want but they won’t be able to get cars to customers for quite a while and with the RS3 that is years. Their best interests are for customers to get their cars and get paid for them not just sit on deposits, don’t go thinking that just cause a dealer takes an order they get a car, Audi tells dealers how many cars they get to start with but they do get that number adjusted frequently. I know with my dealer they were allocated less than a handful of RS3s when orders were able to be placed yet they had far more customers already put down deposits, they latter were allocated an extra one. The first ones that put deposits got their orders sent through where as others are kept waiting, not long after we could actually place an order the dealer stopped accepting orders from customers because they had no idea when or if they can get cars. Sitting on my order is not a good thing for either them or me but I’m not happy to accept something not how I want it so I’m happy to wait. My understanding is that if I sit on my order until I get the full specs Audi don’t just allocate another car to my dealer for the next customer.
    Last edited by Dan Knight; May 7th, 2022 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks for sharing.
    But wow 2400EU plus fit/install! No, I am paying that much for 360 cam.
    Yeah. Same. Should be doable for a lot less by sourcing the parts elsewhere. I'll retrofit and provide a guide for others if there is demand (depends how many cars end up without it). Its a good feature to have.
    Current: 8V 2017 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 1 | Matt Aluminium Styling Pack | Matrix LED | Sunroof
    On Order: 8Y 2022 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design Package Red | Sunroof | 5 Spoke Graphic Print Wheels

Dealer has my VIN! Car started in the factory on 11/5, so hopefully by the end of next week theyíll have the shipment allocated and an ETA.
    Pretty excitedÖÖ🤪
    White 2020 Carbon Edition Sportsback (Sold)
    On order : 2022 RS3 Sedan - Daytona, roof, red stitching and black badges.

Quote Originally Posted by White2020SB View Post
    Dealer has my VIN! Car started in the factory on 11/5, so hopefully by the end of next week theyíll have the shipment allocated and an ETA.
    Pretty excitedÖÖ🤪
    Great, Congrats!
    Do you k ow if any standard items are missing on your car like 360 cam, etc?

Yep - no 360 Cam (Not fussed - I generally prefer the rear cam in my car to the 360 in my wifeís) - and no Ďmassageí function in the seats. I didnít even know we were supposed to get that when I placed the order, so again, not fussed.
    White 2020 Carbon Edition Sportsback (Sold)
    On order : 2022 RS3 Sedan - Daytona, roof, red stitching and black badges.