Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Default RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Had similar issue with my rs6 build, pushed it back to my23 to get full exclusive build approved amid all these delays

Ordered an f pace svr in interim and that gets built end of year, just scraped in an my21 build luckily as Jaguar too are removing tech from my22 builds due to chip shortage - no hud, no 360 camera, even digital dash on entry level cars

8Y with ceramics and exclusive paint will be nudging 140, donít think itís worth it, not with that lower quality interior now. was all keen to swap my 2020 but think Iíll pass for now (itíd have been my third rs3)

Best of luck with the orders guys, hope you donít miss out on any gear. From what Iíve read they are commissioning new factories to start building the older automotive chips, so should be sorted by m23/24
    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

Lots of reading on the chip shortage.

Part of it is to do as mentioned above, it's the 'old' chips that factories don't want to produce anymore, so the car makers are looking at what options they have. Chip manufacturers are always bringing out new models, in new 'sizes' and that doesn't suit the car industry.

Domino, I'm hoping the new RS6's will come out with the physical buttons for aircon etc, as I love the screens, but impossible to keep clean!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

domino_z (October 11th, 2021)

Default RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

We just picked up wifeís new s5 sb, the new infotainment is a lot smoother and more detailed than whatís in the rs3, but yeh touch screen takes a lot of getting used too

I honestly prefer the old mmi controller, but I must be the minority which is why they went full touch now

Rs6 interior is a mixed bag for me. In the standard black or tan I just donít think it feels premium enough for the money. My build with all options incl ceramics was nudging 300k, will prob go over that with exclusive interior

Thereís some weird omissions at that price point, like the seats mainly - I get massage and bolster adjustment in the s5 for 1/3 the price

Iím hoping thereís an FL in the next 12 months or a performance version. There is a test mule going around ring atm so maybe. Thereís also talk of fitting a larger single screen to replace the twin setup, but typically Audi facelifts donít change interior architecture
    Last edited by domino_z; October 11th, 2021 at 03:32 PM.
    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

I’m also thinking it might be too high an ask cost wise at present. Looking at near $115k for a 8Y Sportback with RS design package, carbon pack and sunroof. No Audi Corp to reduce dealer delivery or absorb service costs. Think I might be wise to hold onto the 8V a little longer.
    Current: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense
    On Order: 2022 8Y RS3 Sportback | Kemora Grey | Red RS Design Package Plus | Carbon Package | Panoramic Sunroof

Past: 2013 8V S3 Sportback, 2016 B9 A4 Allroad 2.0TDI

Quote Originally Posted by jonesey View Post
    I’m also thinking it might be too high an ask cost wise at present. Looking at near $115k for a 8Y Sportback with RS design package, carbon pack and sunroof. No Audi Corp to reduce dealer delivery or absorb service costs. Think I might be wise to hold onto the 8V a little longer.
    Is 115k after or before discount? The 8V RRP was about there, but still managed to get it under 100.. but times are different i guess.
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Before any discounting beyond goodwill but I don’t think there’s much wriggle room at present given the supply chain. My 8V Carbon edition was purchased for <$85k brand new fully optioned so it’s quite a change.
    Current: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense
    On Order: 2022 8Y RS3 Sportback | Kemora Grey | Red RS Design Package Plus | Carbon Package | Panoramic Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post

8Y with ceramics and exclusive paint will be nudging 140, donít think itís worth it, not with that lower quality interior now. was all keen to swap my 2020 but think Iíll pass for now (itíd have been my third rs3)
    eff me thatís a lot of coin.
    In 2016 I bought my 8V PFL for $83k with nearly all the bells and whistles. In 6 yrs the RS3 has gone from a good value performance car to a bit of a rort

I donít think itís a bit of a rort, itís not cheap Iíll admit that but the RS3 has definitely grown more in the last few years hence the price but I think itís around the mark regarding performance, quality, features and what itís competing against to some extent. The main issue we have in Australia with the RS models is they come much higher optioned in standard form than what most other countries get so we pay for it and the other thing I think driving price a bit is the crap going around the world the last few years has definitely had an impact on costs to manufacturers.

Dealership came to the party with a fantastic trade so the delta to changeover became much more reasonable. Order in for a Kemora Grey Sportback with the RS red design package, carbon package and panoramic sunroof. Estimated delivery June 2022. Now the long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesey View Post
    Dealership came to the party with a fantastic trade so the delta to changeover became much more reasonable. Order in for a Kemora Grey Sportback with the RS red design package, carbon package and panoramic sunroof. Estimated delivery June 2022. Now the long wait.
    So trading in your 2020 RS3? Congrats! Can't wait to see it in the flesh..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting