Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Does anyone know what the local story is with the petrol particulate filter? I saw on savagegeese that the US delivered cars don’t have it. Apparently they “sound awesome” according to the savaggeese guys. They mentioned it was why US spec cars get 401hp vs Europes 394hp. Audi Australia previously said they did not want them. If the US gets cars without them, what gives here?

I'm pretty sure we are getting PPF's here....But somebody with an actual RS3 please let us know

There is definitely an opf on the cars here for Australia. Can tell from my test drive.

It was already confirmed on release, that Australian spec RS3 would be coming with the dreaded OPF which essentially makes the car sound like a Dyson!

Unlike Europe, the legalities here didnt require it but Audi Australia decided to adopt it anyways

With the above said, Ive heard exhaust clips of the 2022 NON-OPF American Rs3 and yes, it does sound better but nothing at all compared to the previous 8v model. Difference with America and us is that a simple exhaust change will remedy this unlike with the OPF, regardless what aftermarket exhaust you change to, it'll still sound very choked up and restricted from the OPF.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Is the OPF something that can be removed easily?

Quote Originally Posted by zzachar View Post
    Is the OPF something that can be removed easily?
    Yes but you need a remap which isn't possible right now. The opf has sensors on them

Hi everyone, I’m looking for any suggestions of insurance companies to try (for my 8Y RS3 sportback arriving next Friday). So far Budget Direct is looking OK at about $1300, but I’m hoping to trim that a bit and maybe some people here have had better quotes from other companies that might not be such an obvious one to try.
    Thanks in advance,
    GB

Budget direct is the best place other ones i tried ranged from 2.2k to 3.8k clean record @Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I've heard about budget Direct is really hard ro get responses from them once you make a claim (info from my sister)...
    But not heard anything bad about refusing claims.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I’ve heard from a reputable source in the Panel Shop industry (yes, they exist!) that Budget Direct are shocking come claim time, and do absolutely anything they can to cut corners. I would be giving them a wide berth personally.