Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Sydney View Post
    Hi everyone, I’m looking for any suggestions of insurance companies to try (for my 8Y RS3 sportback arriving next Friday). So far Budget Direct is looking OK at about $1300, but I’m hoping to trim that a bit and maybe some people here have had better quotes from other companies that might not be such an obvious one to try.
    Thanks in advance,
    GB
    The old saying "You get what you pay for", is particularly relevant with respect to insurance companies IMHO.
    Pickles.

Being in the insurance industry, every insurer regardless of size, name, rating has their fair share of dodgy claim stories as it all depends on the claims consultant, assessor and assigned repairer.

What you guys should be doing is taking the time to go through the Policy Wording to compare the benefits and policy exclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelli View Post
    What you guys should be doing is taking the time to go through the Policy Wording to compare the benefits and policy exclusions.
    Choice of repairer is always one of the most important aspects for me.

Placed my order in late September 2021. Carbon black with RS Design and sunroof. Agreed to the deleted features to get car asap and still no update on when it will arrive. Apparently it has been built and had a VIN number, seems to be taking ages to get on a boat. This wait is hard! How long after car is build does it take to get in a boat?

Quote Originally Posted by DXBRS View Post
    Placed my order in late September 2021. Carbon black with RS Design and sunroof. Agreed to the deleted features to get car asap and still no update on when it will arrive. Apparently it has been built and had a VIN number, seems to be taking ages to get on a boat. This wait is hard! How long after car is build does it take to get in a boat?
    Mine was built around the 25th of July and when I put the VIN in... nothing.
    I think it can take upto 2 to 4 weeks from factory to boat.

When was yours built?

Thanks for your reply, Mine was built 24th of June and still doesn’t seem to be on a boat. Hopefully soon!

I think mine had a build start date of May 18th - not sure if that ended up being the actual date - and my car hit Port of Melbourne on August 4th. If the shipping was the 45 days they reckon it usually is, then mine shipped about 5-6 weeks after the Build date.
    I think there’s more ships on the water now than there was a couple of months ago though?
    White 2020 Carbon Edition Sportsback (Sold)
    On order : 2022 RS3 Sedan - Daytona, roof, red stitching and black badges.

Quote Originally Posted by White2020SB View Post
    I think mine had a build start date of May 18th - not sure if that ended up being the actual date - and my car hit Port of Melbourne on August 4th. If the shipping was the 45 days they reckon it usually is, then mine shipped about 5-6 weeks after the Build date.
    I think there’s more ships on the water now than there was a couple of months ago though?

Thanks mate

9. Default

Spotted Creek Road Carindale Brisbane yesterday. My first sighting of a new Sportback in the wild!

Thanks for letting me try to give you a run for your money in my 7.5 Golf R! It was fun! Gorgeous in the flesh from ALL angles!

IMG_7527.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images