Thread: 1st Audi- 2011 RS5.

Default 1st Audi- 2011 RS5.

Last week I purchased my 1st ever Audi, a 2011 Limited Edition RS5. The car has just on 100,000kms with a fantastic service history. Plans are to get a Carbon Blast, or what the workshop here called a "Nut Blast"

Then probably some exhaust, possibly wheel spacers and a Stage1 tune, but other than that I think its a great package out of the box. I love the styling, the wheel & brake package and the quality interior trim. And I cant forget those nasty downshifts, insane sound!!

Let me know if there is anything else I should keep an eye on or look to do from an enhancement point of view.

RS5.1.jpgRS5.jpgRS5.2.jpgRS5Interior.jpgRS5Ass.jpg

It's called a nut blast because the compound uses crushed walnut shells and is something we have used for years in the aviation industry to give gas turbine engines a gentle but effective blade clean.
    The intake guide vanes and early stages of those engines have very frangible blades so if it's safe for them it's just fine for your superb RS5.
    Looks like a great purchase - well done!

Dingah

Quote Originally Posted by RS5 View Post
    Last week I purchased my 1st ever Audi, a 2011 Limited Edition RS5. The car has just on 100,000kms with a fantastic service history. Plans are to get a Carbon Blast, or what the workshop here called a "Nut Blast"

Then probably some exhaust, possibly wheel spacers and a Stage1 tune, but other than that I think its a great package out of the box. I love the styling, the wheel & brake package and the quality interior trim. And I cant forget those nasty downshifts, insane sound!!

Let me know if there is anything else I should keep an eye on or look to do from an enhancement point of view.

RS5.1.jpgRS5.jpgRS5.2.jpgRS5Interior.jpgRS5Ass.jpg
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Thanks Dingah, sounds great and looking forward to giving it a Nut Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    It's called a nut blast because the compound uses crushed walnut shells and is something we have used for years in the aviation industry to give gas turbine engines a gentle but effective blade clean.
    The intake guide vanes and early stages of those engines have very frangible blades so if it's safe for them it's just fine for your superb RS5.
    Looks like a great purchase - well done!

Dingah

Congrats on the purchase RS5 - looks good all blacked out.

Hey RS5 -

Nice purchase! Have you done the Stage 1 yet / noticed any gain?

I'm in the market for another Audi and wondering how you got on purchasing second hand. If you've any tips or happy to share what you paid it'd help me plenty. PM me if you prefer.

Cheers!
    Previous:
    S5 MY10 6MT
    |2012 facelift | OEM RS5 steering wheel | APR Stage III S.C. | APR Carbonio CF intake | APR RSC cat back exhaust | OEM RS5 Brembo brakes | Ohlins suspension NB: purchased with mods.

Do you have the factory Recaro’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk