Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at Audi SQ5 8R - What options?

Default Looking at Audi SQ5 8R - What options?

Hey everyone,

A close relative is currently in the market for an Audi SQ5 and we have looked at/driven 2x examples a few months back, a low-spec well-looked-after silver example and a high-spec tired blue example so we have a vague idea of what were are looking for condition wise. Both had 20 inch rims which I hear ride better than the 21s?

On the cars we have seen, we were able to work out what options the vehicles had upon inspecting them and discussing the options with the salesmen. Now that we are in VIC lockdown for a few more weeks, we cannot inspect an SQ5 for purchase, and cannot workout what options this car (https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...20168261/?Cr=3) has apart from Pan roof, 21s and Heated Front Seats. Can an SQ5 enthusiast point out anything else from the photos listed? The car peaked our interest as it is cheaper than other comparable examples- though it has the scratched up silver trims that we wanted to avoid by finding one with the CF trim.

Thanks, NR888.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NR888 For This Useful Post:

Andysq5 (September 28th, 2021)

Not an SQ5 owner but Q5 owner.

• Just noticed it has poorly plasti-dipped badges, mirror covers and probably front grille, some things to be aware of which might indicate other "cheap" or poorly done mods.
    • Looks to have drive select (https://myaudiq5.com.au/what-does-au...t-actually-do/)
    • Does not have adaptive cruise or lane departure.
    • Doesn't look to have the B&O stereo system.
    • Has cheap winrun tyres on it.

There are a few others that look to be a lot cleaner than that car and similar vintage, although priced slightly higher.

I'd probably pass and keep saving/increase the budget.

I think we are on the same page re condition. It just peaked our interest more than anything, solely due to the price. There is no particular budget so that is not an issue. I saw there is a fully loaded Volcano Red car with B&O, Pan roof, 21s, adaptive cruise, CF trim 2013 SQ5 for sale privately for $35k which seems to be in mint condition compared to this one. May give that a look.

Someone could correct me but I think drive select is standard.

From what I can see, that car has the following options:

* 21s
    * Sunroof
    * Heated seats
    * Metallic Paint (Daytona Grey)
    * Memory seats (may have been standard on 8R SQ5 - can't recall definitively)

It's also got a shockingly poor quality DIY blackout job on front grilles, mirrors, badges, wheels etc.

Also appears to have a check engine / DPF light.

I would personally give this car a wide berth.

Personally I wouldn't buy an SQ5 without driving it. DPF issues and creaking pano roofs would be the biggest reasons as to why (note the entire roof assembly needs to be removed if you do have one that creaks - which is a common problem in all S/Q5s of that model).

Agree with the comments above, looks like a tired example.

For reference, last year I sold my fully optioned 2013 SQ5 (minus heated seats and blind spot warning); had pano roof 21s, B&O, radar cruise/lane departure, emergency braking etc. with Dynamic steering (pretty rare on these as it was a $2,400 option mostly overlooked) with 80,000kms on the clock for $36K.

There's deals to be had. If I was you I'd be patient and ensure I test drove the car prior to purchase.

Will keep looking as we have done for the last 6-8 months. As I mentioned, there is a Volcano Red SQ5 very locally with 115k for $35k and numerous others for $40-45k plus nearby so we do have options. Just annoying to be searching during lockdown, doesn't make it any easier.

I know these cars super well and agree with many of the comments above … I’m selling mine at the moment (not trying to swing you that way) but if you have any others you want an opinion on happy to provide a point of view.

and I’m in vic also

Quote Originally Posted by Andysq5 View Post
    I know these cars super well and agree with many of the comments above Im selling mine at the moment (not trying to swing you that way) but if you have any others you want an opinion on happy to provide a point of view.

and Im in vic also
    I think I've glanced over your car on Carsales. I LOVE it but my father (the buyer) cannot do white and isn't a fan of the quilted seats. Hope you find the right buyer soon :)

In other news, any opinions on this car? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...9983300/?Cr=36
    Looks well and has some niceties but NO heated seats At least this could be a negotiation tactic Great colour too but $46k!

Gutted we missed a 2013 red car with all the bells and whistles last week- was $33k with similar km.

Quote Originally Posted by NR888 View Post
    In other news, any opinions on this car? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...9983300/?Cr=36
    Looks well and has some niceties but NO heated seats At least this could be a negotiation tactic Great colour too but $46k!

Gutted we missed a 2013 red car with all the bells and whistles last week- was $33k with similar km.
    It needs a good clean, right exhaust has a mark on it, front windows need to be tinted. Tyres in good shape lots of kms.