Thread: Sq8 AVAS fault? Vehicle sound

Default Sq8 AVAS fault? Vehicle sound

Very happy at new car … it’s amazing. However on day 2 I have received a fault on the dash (taking into service centre Monday to check it out)

“Vehicle sound: Fault. Vehicle inaudible to pedestrians. Please contact workshop”

I suspect it’s something to do with AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System)

when the suspension was auto leveling I heard a pop from the front left fender which is where I think the external speaker is to make sound when the car is on very low speed running on the electric motor.

any ideas appreciated

yeah, from what I have read elsewhere, it's something to do with the speaker no longer working (on other forums, users have unplugged the speaker as they don't want the noise and it's thrown up the same error).

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    yeah, from what I have read elsewhere, it's something to do with the speaker no longer working (on other forums, users have unplugged the speaker as they don't want the noise and it's thrown up the same error).
    just gotta figure out where it is !!

I think I read in front wheel well..(but maybe do a search in google)

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I don’t know why anyone would want to unplug the exhaust sound speaker on the SQ8. The standard one isn’t really that loud. A few months ago I had the latest version of the sound booster pro installed on my SQ8 and now it sounds like a proper V8. No use owning a V8 and it not sounding like a V8….it defeats the purpose of buying one. If someone wants no noise they may as well buy a bloody electric car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
    I don’t know why anyone would want to unplug the exhaust sound speaker on the SQ8. The standard one isn’t really that loud. A few months ago I had the latest version of the sound booster pro installed on my SQ8 and now it sounds like a proper V8. No use owning a V8 and it not sounding like a V8….it defeats the purpose of buying one. If someone wants no noise they may as well buy a bloody electric car lol.
    there’s another speaker in front wheel well not for exhaust (that sounds great still at standard) because when car is running on its battery at very low speed it must emit a sound apparently … yours doesn’t have it morrie ? I read somewhere mandatory from march 2021 builds

I’m sure mine is a Jan 21 build. Not sure about a speaker in the wheel well.

From drive.com.au

The so-called 'quiet car' rules are designed to improve pedestrian safety, forcing models with near-silent electric powertrains to produce an audible noise up to 30km/h. ... Car manufacturers were given an additional 12 months to comply with the September 2019 deadline, but are seeking an additional 12 month extension.1 Sept 2020

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Cars back from the shop … controller replaced and it’s all clear !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk