Thread: Oil Capacity

Default Oil Capacity

Hey guys, I'm trying to find the official oil capacity for my engine but it's harder than I anticipated.

The owner's manual doesn't mention it, and the only thing I can find in the service repair manual is to "Refer to ELSA maintenance table for engine-specific oil capacities and oil grades". Where can I find the ELSA maintenance table, or is it only available to Audi technicians?

I have a 2016 2.0T B8.5 A5 with a CNCE engine, which I believe is the EA888 Gen 3 engine.

Thanks.

Ya can always use the oil finders online tho get capacity and specs.
    According to Castrol data its 5 letters for a service refill

Quote Originally Posted by Muckman View Post
    Ya can always use the oil finders online tho get capacity and specs.
    According to Castrol data its 5 letters for a service refill
    Thanks for that, but just to confuse things... I found this site which says 5.7L:

https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=119

What is it exactly your trying to achieve ?
    Itís not really rocket silence lol just fill the engine and continue to monitor the level. If its a 5L refill just put in 4. Wait about 1 minute and add 100ml ever 30 seconds.

Or measure your oil before you drain it and fill it up to what ever came out and add what ever youíve lost on your filter change.
    If its a auto sensor just measure what you drain and fill from that and monitor the level in the cabin

This is the oil service specs from the workshop manuel for my 6C polo DAJA engine.

If you have the workshop manuel, it should be under
    Maintenance > description of work > Engine oil: capacities and specification

It should look like this

If your engine is there ya can just use that sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckman View Post
    What is it exactly your trying to achieve ?
    It’s not really rocket silence lol just fill the engine and continue to monitor the level. If its a 5L refill just put in 4. Wait about 1 minute and add 100ml ever 30 seconds.

Or measure your oil before you drain it and fill it up to what ever came out and add what ever you’ve lost on your filter change.
    If its a auto sensor just measure what you drain and fill from that and monitor the level in the cabin
    Just trying not to over-fill, that's all. First time changing the oil myself so I think I'm just overthinking it, but great idea to measure the drained oil, thanks Muckman!

Weíve all been there brother.
    As I said, If ya not sure, check the oil on the dip stick or in cabin monitor depending what ya got, then measure what ever comes out. Most oil pans these days have measuring increments on them so just go off that and what ever its reading just put in the exact amount. Top up what ever youíve lost on the filter change. Most the time its about 100ml

Quick tip. Warm up your engine before daring making it a lot thinner and you will get the maximum out.

That website could be referring to a dry fill from factory, when you drain oil there will always be a small amount leftover. Any lube guide will tell you fill amount.

You could use an oil extractor to save on mess and that will tell you exactly how much you've drained.
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    B8 S4
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T
    B5 S4 GIAC

Default Oil Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by TheChenga View Post
    That website could be referring to a dry fill from factory, when you drain oil there will always be a small amount leftover. Any lube guide will tell you fill amount.

You could use an oil extractor to save on mess and that will tell you exactly how much you've drained.
    Incorrect. Iv tried using a oil reclaimer on my polo but the sump only allows to extract around 3L. I never like using those oil reclaimers, I find they are not a good idea unless you know for certain how much you exactly need to take out. Take the BMW S85 engine for example where it runs a quasi style sump where itís is absolutely impossible to drain it with a reclaimer.
    Also oil changes are not just about changing the oil, but itís a time where you give the whole engine and under carriage an inspection.

It really is just a lazy way of doing it and there really is no benefit using one other then itís easier. There are so many reason why. Not to use one though.

I use one now and then but I most definitely donít rely on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Muckman; October 23rd, 2021 at 03:21 PM.