Thread: Adaptive Cruise Control retrofit for S3

Default Adaptive Cruise Control retrofit for S3

Hey all,

I have been thinking about getting Adaptive Cruise control retrofitted into my MY17 S3. I have been in contact with VAG Retrofit who checked my VIN for the parts that will be required. They told me my car already has all the parts that are needed. All that is required is the stalk and the coding that they can do remotely.

Does anyone know anyone in Sydney who can install the stalk for me?

Thank you!

Check with European Autotech in Mona Vale..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Check with European Autotech in Mona Vale..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
    Have tried them they didn't want to do it.

Thanks anyway!

So your car has the little 'eye' for the radar cruise system like in the pic below (underneath the number plate mount)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    So your car has the little 'eye' for the radar cruise system like in the pic below (underneath the number plate mount)?

Yeah it's like a square

OK then - shouldn't be too difficult. Stalk is relatively straightforward to do (requires removal of airbag/steering wheel/clockspring etc). Just got to make sure you get the right part as you want to ensure you retain all your existing functionality plus get the ACC toggle on top of the cruise control stalk.

Can't help with a fitter in Sydney (know some in VIC and QLD who are capable) but I'm sure they exist.

I've just swapped out the clock spring and steering wheel in my daughters 2015 Hyundia i30.. Was quite easy, many videos on youtube to show you how. It took me about 20 mins all up, being very careful. I'm not a mechanic, so this was a big one for me!

Maybe check out if there are videos online to help you and give it a go yourself. Main thing is to make sure you disconnect the battery and have access to vcds/vagcom or the programming.

look up "Hame's Automotive Retrofits & Coding" on facebook