Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIXED: Help on S3 error - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)

Default FIXED: Help on S3 error - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)

Ok, so time for me to ask for help prior to having to take to the garage!

I was trying to fix one of my horns not working on the S3. Only thing I 'think' I did wrong was drop the 10Amp fuse down the right hand side of the fuse box (not in it) and couldn't relocate it, so don't think that is the problem.

The horn was very 'tight' in the space I was working in, so I may have dislodged something 'above' in the engine bay, but that's all I can think of.

The error I'm getting is below:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-CDL.clb

Control Module Part Number: 8P0 907 115 AC HW: 8P0 907 115 B

Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0010

Software Coding: 0103000C180F0160

Work Shop Code: WSC 06314 000 00000

1 Fault Found:

008852 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)

P2294 - 004 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00100100

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 255

I can see fuel in the HPFP, but just in case, I've just installed a 'new' performance one (oh no, what a problem!), but that has not fixed the issue.

Can somebody tell me where the N276 valve is? It is part of the

The car will start, it you put your foot on the accelerator, but is not smooth and will conk out.. CELL light also comes up on display, and same error will come in VCDS. I can clear it when the car is not running, but will come on again once I try and start.

I've also replaced the cam follower..

Any thoughts? Can anybody help me 'trace' what I should be looking for? I've tried to follow the fuel lines, but they go under the manifold...

No fuel on the floor from what I can see. I did a few days ago manage to drive the car up the street and back, but don't want to try that anymore as I've read that it could break the engine with this particular error.. Anybody experienced something similar?

Fuel pump in the main tank/boot?

165 relay (fuel pump)?

I did do a vcds log for fuel pressure... From memory, it was requesting 2 bar, but almost nothing was logged.. that was with the 'old' pump that has been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Ok, so time for me to ask for help prior to having to take to the garage!

I was trying to fix one of my horns not working on the S3. Only thing I 'think' I did wrong was drop the 10Amp fuse down the right hand side of the fuse box (not in it) and couldn't relocate it, so don't think that is the problem.

The horn was very 'tight' in the space I was working in, so I may have dislodged something 'above' in the engine bay, but that's all I can think of.

The error I'm getting is below:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-CDL.clb

Control Module Part Number: 8P0 907 115 AC HW: 8P0 907 115 B

Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0010

Software Coding: 0103000C180F0160

Work Shop Code: WSC 06314 000 00000

1 Fault Found:

008852 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)

P2294 - 004 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00100100

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 255

I can see fuel in the HPFP, but just in case, I've just installed a 'new' performance one (oh no, what a problem!), but that has not fixed the issue.

Can somebody tell me where the N276 valve is? It is part of the

The car will start, it you put your foot on the accelerator, but is not smooth and will conk out.. CELL light also comes up on display, and same error will come in VCDS. I can clear it when the car is not running, but will come on again once I try and start.

I've also replaced the cam follower..

Any thoughts? Can anybody help me 'trace' what I should be looking for? I've tried to follow the fuel lines, but they go under the manifold...

No fuel on the floor from what I can see. I did a few days ago manage to drive the car up the street and back, but don't want to try that anymore as I've read that it could break the engine with this particular error.. Anybody experienced something similar?

Fuel pump in the main tank/boot?

165 relay (fuel pump)?

I did do a vcds log for fuel pressure... From memory, it was requesting 2 bar, but almost nothing was logged.. that was with the 'old' pump that has been replaced.

N276 is the fuel pressure valve on back of fuel High pressure fuel pump.

You would have connected it when after installing new pump after replacing cam follower.

You need to be careful as they can crack when disconnecting and you will get a slight petrol smell from them.

If you disconnect and start car you should get a N276 open circuit.

Reconnect, clear codes and see how you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I've got a feeling that it might be at the other end where it is broken, or come loose when I was working on the born.
    I'll chase it out again today if I get time

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Ok, so I purchased a new fuel pump (uprated version of course so I can go a stage 2!)..

Did fix the issue (so I have a perfectly good HPFP for sale!)...

I unplugged the 'top' connector, and did a scan again, same error. Plug the connector in, same error, so you seem to be right (as always) that it is pointing to this connector.
    I can't see anything broken on the connector, which make me thing it might be at the 'other' end...I just need to work out where that other end is !

It's all leading back to when I was trying to fix the horn and probably pulled a bit to tight on the cabling... that's my though process anyway.

I'll do some more looking at the connector. Is there anything I can do with a multimeter to see if it's working/getting resistance etc?

Also, can anybody with a S3 or 8P anything confirm the fuses... It's going back to basics that might just solve this one!

No cracks I can see..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_102350.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	31998 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_102412.jpg 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	31999 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_102404.jpg 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	32000 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_102356.jpg 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	32001 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_102408.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	32002 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_102359.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	32003

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    I'll do some more looking at the connector. Is there anything I can do with a multimeter to see if it's working/getting resistance etc?
    You should be able to check the continuity to ensure the circuit is not broken.

My experience with a multimeter consists of checking if batteries have any charge left

Tired on the two multimeter probes together and is say 0L, so that's fine (open circuit).

Tried on the coolant tank sensor and it read 0.097 ohms..

Tried on the top sensor and nothing on the fluke.. I only have the standard 'probes', not the ones to push in to the adapter, but it should have shown something..

Any chance you have the 'map' of where the connector from the top goes and plugs in to Alister?

I don’t think you’ll get this lucky but the only fuse that sounds remotely related is F20:

F20 (20A) Fuel pressure regulator control solenoid (BPT/BPU/BYT)

Also have you checked your connection to the fuel pressure regulator sensor G247...
    Last edited by guile; November 23rd, 2021 at 04:04 PM.

thanks mate, I'll check them both out today... raining today, so looks like I'm going to have to juggle a umbrella in the process (car is on the street and garage door is also broken!)

Ok, looks like it's the G247 sensor (which of course makes sense!).

Looks like a complete b'tard to remove... Not sure if you have to remove the intake manifold or not. I'm going to order one to see if it fixes the issue. I did unplug it, did a scan (same error), then plugged it back in (cleared errors, then tried to start, same error again)... So hopefully this is the fault.

If not, then I've probably disconnect some other cable at some point when removing the horn!