Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FIXED: Help on S3 error - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)

yeah, no worries and thanks for the offer.

I've ordered a new one online, so let's see if that fixes the issue. Quite cheap, so no issue if it's not the issue.

Fixed!!! And as I expected, it was simply the fuse..

I'd been working off online fuse charts and they don't match mine 100% (for some strange reason).

Fuse box Audi A3 8P (fusesdiagram.com)

I ended up buying a new multimeter (another excuse as mine was 20 years old!) and the Fluke accessories, which came with some nicer 'probes' that were handy. I just plug one end in to the unplugged 'connector' at top of the fuel pump and the other end I just started to probe in the engine fuse box... it got a signal on F7, which had no fuse..

Obviously I'd remove that one when I was trying to fault find the horn problem (and dropped it in to the engine ether!).. then plugged a spare on in to the wrong slot, based on the pic from the link attached.

Anyway, all done now, and I have a new fuel pump (higher rated!) and new adapter coming that will be spare

I'd love to actually get a proper map of what the fuses are in my car, but everything seems to be working fine (except the boot light), so I might try the same logic on that one to see if I can work out why it is not working as well.

Thanks all for all your help, it was great to reach out to the community again and get support when you need it, and all for free

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Fixed!!! And as I expected, it was simply the fuse..

I'd been working off online fuse charts and they don't match mine 100% (for some strange reason).

Fuse box Audi A3 8P (fusesdiagram.com)

I ended up buying a new multimeter (another excuse as mine was 20 years old!) and the Fluke accessories, which came with some nicer 'probes' that were handy. I just plug one end in to the unplugged 'connector' at top of the fuel pump and the other end I just started to probe in the engine fuse box... it got a signal on F7, which had no fuse..

Obviously I'd remove that one when I was trying to fault find the horn problem (and dropped it in to the engine ether!).. then plugged a spare on in to the wrong slot, based on the pic from the link attached.

Anyway, all done now, and I have a new fuel pump (higher rated!) and new adapter coming that will be spare

I'd love to actually get a proper map of what the fuses are in my car, but everything seems to be working fine (except the boot light), so I might try the same logic on that one to see if I can work out why it is not working as well.

Thanks all for all your help, it was great to reach out to the community again and get support when you need it, and all for free
    Great to hear you got it sorted. easy fix in the end but takes a lot to get there.

Maybe have a look at the online versions of Elsawin & see if the circuit diagrams
    are better to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would have been a quicker solution. Either way, I've learnt more about electrical resistance and car maintenance again, which was the whole purpose of getting this car. I didn't have to pay anybody to fault find/fix, and that's worth something on my book.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk