Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NOT FIXED: Help on S3 error - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)

Thanks manu, I can't really log anything as the cat is not drivable.
    The bar numbers you see above are when rhe cat is running on idle. Pressing the accelerator still results in low actual numbers not changing at all..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm back on this train again today. Weather is crap, so got to find something to do (ok, so I should/could be working!)..

Anyway, what are thoughts about replacing the Fuel Pressure Sensor (06J906051C)? ~ $160

Do you think this could be 'stuck' to show the low actual fuel pressure (compared to the requested pressure)?

It looks like a sh#t to replace (not sure if if can be done without removing the intake).... Otherwise, I suppose the other spend is to replace the LPFP... $unknown at this stage (not sure who sells them apart from VW/Audi). I've looked on vagparts.com.au, but can't see a suitable one (there might/seems to be two on the S3 8P, but haven't opened them up yet to confirm what is in each).

fuel pressure sensor rarely needs to be changed unless an impact on the sensor itself where it measures the pressure. sometime vcds errors are vague but the solution is easy to think.. if the error is about the fuel pressure, just follow the fuel line and check any component.. anyway, an high fuel pressure error can also be generated from a the low pressure fuel pump for instance.
    I don't recall if you ever changed the high pressure fuel pump cam..some older engines needed to check/change it after an amount of km (Audi doesn't say that!)
    I generally buy these parts on ebay, you can try them and send them back in case you don't need them (just check the description)

High pressure pump and cam follower already done. Since then the car has worked, but not now.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManuTT View Post
    fuel pressure sensor rarely needs to be changed unless an impact on the sensor itself where it measures the pressure. sometime vcds errors are vague but the solution is easy to think.. if the error is about the fuel pressure, just follow the fuel line and check any component.. anyway, an high fuel pressure error can also be generated from a the low pressure fuel pump for instance.
    I don't recall if you ever changed the high pressure fuel pump cam..some older engines needed to check/change it after an amount of km (Audi doesn't say that!)
    I generally buy these parts on ebay, you can try them and send them back in case you don't need them (just check the description)
    I would agree with this. Iíve changed a high pressure fuel sensor and it wasnít faulty.

Looks like low pressure fuel pump is the next piece of the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping my mechanic mate comes over this weekend (we were speaking on the phone today), so that's the best help I can get