Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Q5, (watch this space)

That's a cracker result. I'm also interested in the ratio of degreaser used here!

Its the Kenco 6L supercheep stuff.
    Its the only **** I use. Everything els fails me.
    Mix rate dunno probably 400ml to the bucket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great result.

You can also have a lot of success washing parts in the dishwasher if you can get it past the boss..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont have one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muckman View Post
    Dont have one lol

Boss or Dishwasher???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to putting the engine back together and charge the coolant.
    Held vacuum for an hour no issues.
    New plugs and coils.
    Started up first go.
    Zero engine codes 100% perfect running order. Absolutely relieved lol.

Not that I forgot but just remember what ever ya do, Make sure you do a oil change after a carbon clean if you been using solvents and cleaners. My oil absolutely stunk and was severely contaminated with throttle body cleaner.

But so relieved it runs so smooth after sitting there for over 4 months lol. Though I might of had some issues with a seals.

Going to give the whole car a deep wash and clean now. It deserves it.

Finally got time to work on the Q5.

APR intake came in along with my K&N filter.

Also got to work on my open airbox (RS7) style with some intake mesh that I got from eBay for like 20 bucks lol
    I kinda stuffed up the surface by accidentally scratching the top. But in all, it turned out perfect other than the scuff marks (take ya time with the cutting)
    But it really looks very OEM

Now this is the part that I can’t get me head around,

Being that the B8 S4 and S5 have the same engine as the Q5/SQ5 (USA)
    Upon fitting the intake, it seems to be that APR never took into account that the 8R Q5 engine is in a lower position in the engine bay compared to the B8.
    This results in the intake pipe being too high for figment to the throttle body and making it impossible to fit correctly with the supplied APR fittings.

And when mounting it to the throttle body, it results in it being at 35 degree angle leaving a 1/2” gap at the top.

I find this somewhat disappointing considering how much these pipes cost, and that APR are pretty much the most respect aftermarket Audi parts manufacture.
    This is pretty much piss poor.
    Some could argue that I’m being over dramatic and that this is a easy fix, and yeh ya right. But taking into account that this product is over $400, Id expect a 100% figment.

In the end I just got a 45 degree silicone Bend and with multiple cuts and measuring, I managed to get a perfect figment.

Im gonna try get another pipe bend and try again so I can get a hose clamp on the airbox but its going to have to do for now.
    Still, absolutely piss poor from APR not suppling proper fittings or even making a whole different pipe for the Q5/SQ5.

But in all, the airbox turned out to be perfect and can’t wait to get this thing on the road.

Brand new SQ5 bumper with all black optics all painted up ready to fit.
    Special thanks to RP Panels in Spotswood VIC. I only was able to give them a fuel cover lid for paint match but they did a spot on job.
    Was a confusing job for them being that I had to supply my VIN but ordering a SQ5 front

Not fitting till I get the under body “closing element” trim for the SQ5 bump style. Apparently the Q5 module dont fit.
    No biggy its like a $200 part so I just order a new one.

Also a bit of wiring and soldering was done being that the SQ5 parking sensors are located in the bottom of the bumper.

Not a big deal really. Just a matter of extending the wires from the grill to the bumper.
    I ended up just sacrificing a door harness I had laying around the house so its all OEM grade looming.

Nice one.. will be interesting to hear the sound difference with the new airbox...

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk