Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new Q5, (watch this space)

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    A letter to the dealer principle and review on Google might be worth the effort...

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
    My god, it dont stop there.
    So I booked it in with Audi centre Richmond to get a official report to send back to Mercedes about the oil leak, and upon moving my car in the workshop, the F$%^ING idiots have either ran my car into a another car on a hoist, or they lowered it down onto my car. So being a stealership they are, they get some incompetent detailer to try and cover up the damage before even notifying me about what has just happened. So, instead of just using a small 2 inch pad, this idiot decided to just go full throttle on a 1 inch area with a 6 inch cutting pad and taking away the edge of the clear coat with it. (Not to mention throwing cutting compound all over my car)

As you can see the clear is cut down to the base coat.
    Honestly iv had nothing but pure incompetence from two dealerships now. Iím almost at breaking point. Bad enough Iím already on medication to prevent me from doing something that will end me up in jail lol. But come on. What am I suppose to do. I do my best to steer clear from these people and this is what I get for doing the right thing.
    Some might not think its much to worry about, but its the principle of it all. Two dealerships with pure incompetence. It cant be just bad luck.
    What action do yous think i should take? I cant just walk away from this.

ask them to review the footage at the dealership to see what actually happened.

If they have gone below the clear, then in my book, you have the right to take it to a proper repair place and have the work 'done properly', including the blend of base coat in to the surrounding panels, and the clear coat re-applying.

Of course, all at their cost. Don't let them take it to anybody to do, you should push to take it to somebody you can trust.

The problem is I dont have the time to do this **** as Iím moving state and i need this car.
    Iím thinking something in the more of way of just give me a bunch of parts that I need or just $2000 to get it repaired at another time.
    I think them giving me parts is far cheeper on both our parts being that they rob us anyway and it probably wouldnít cost em anything for the parts

yeah, that would work.

Bummer about all the dramas you are having dude. Hope you get it sorted out soon and drama free.

The Saga continues
    So yeh, Bought car from Mercedes, I ask Mercedes to check for any signs of leaking, If so I will pay for repairs.
    Comes back from workshop with the all OK NO OIL LEAKS FOUND lol
    So I take it to get a RWC and BOOOOMM fail due to excessive oil leaking.

So I take it home. Put on the house and give it a full on underbody degreaser and pressure wash the full works. Absolutely spotless.

Take it back to get the RWC and PASS!!!!!!!!

So being a mechanic that I am who has some 1/10th of a brain who knows that the oil is coming from somewhere and I should definitely investigate as to where and why.

So I take it to Audi Centre Richmond to get an ďofficialĒ report conducted so that I can put forward to Mercedes Hornsby that they had lied to me about being there were no leaks found on their inspection.

Take it home, back on the hoist it goes and what ya know!!!!

Clear indication of oil weeping from the valve covers. lol
    Complete negligence.
    So now I have two dealers who I just cant conduct a basic inspection that now Iím fighting two cases from Mercedes lying to me about the leaks, and Audi Richmond on them dropping a car on my roof.

I love this car to bits. There is nothing wrong with the car. Itís just Lie after Lie from dealer to dealer.

I dont know what do do. I clearly have the digital evidence and physical evidence of these dealers lying to me.
    Should i take this to fair trade??
    This all just comes down to pure negligence and lying to a customer.

What action should be taken ?

why don't you book time with the dealer principle of each place, and take the photographic evidence.

Before you go in, you need to know what you are willing to walk away with (ie, what do you want from them?), and what your recourse is if you don't get what you want (ie, you will go to consumer affairs/motor ombudsman).
    You may also want to let them know that you have a thread running on ozAudi, which has over 18K members, so it's in their best interest to give you a positive result.

You demands may be high, and you might expect that they will bargain you down, so I would suggest go in with a realistic plan. It might be for Mercedes to fix the original oil leaks in the valve covers and for Audi to repair the car damage correctly.

I would also formally write to Audi (and hand delivery one to the reception and get a signature) asking them to not destroy any video images from their garage on the day in question. Make sure you tell the receptionist of the contents of your letter and that her signing signifies that legally they have accepted your correspondence. Advise them in your letter that you may need to use this footage for future legal action if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your discussion.

I have agreed with an agreement with audi Richmond about the damage they did, Iv also made note to the manager about the poor inspection that was conducted.
    Mercedes is willing to pay for all parts too replace the valve cover gaskets. But is that where I should end it?
    Like It not the matter of whats wrong but more of the principles of integrity. The fact that both dealers have lied and tried to cover up mistakes is what really gets me going.
    I have negotiated a decent deal with audi, but I think Mercedes just to buy me new gaskets dont justify everything that iv had to go though. If Mercedes just owned up to there lies and told me about the oil leaks, I would of probably agreed to get the work repaired. But by them turning a blind eye to it and making it a complete nightmare for me in the past week is just a joke.
    I do think there should be some bit more compensation on Mercedes part.
    I am in direct link with both dealer managers.

Why not give contact old mate John Cadogan https://www.youtube.com/c/AutoExpertTV
    He would love another chance to stick it into a Mercedes Benz and Audi dealer for poor customer service/inability to perform basic services.
    Big car - FY Q5 TDI quattro sport with Technik package, Parking assistance package, Panoramic sunroof, Privacy glass and warm seats.
    Little car - T-Roc 4motion R Line with everything.

NAH he will just blame me for buying a Audi in the first place lol
    You know how those old geezers are