Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My new Q5, (watch this space)

Quote Originally Posted by Muckman View Post
    I have agreed with an agreement with audi Richmond about the damage they did, Iv also made note to the manager about the poor inspection that was conducted.
    Mercedes is willing to pay for all parts too replace the valve cover gaskets. But is that where I should end it?
    Like It not the matter of whats wrong but more of the principles of integrity. The fact that both dealers have lied and tried to cover up mistakes is what really gets me going.
    I have negotiated a decent deal with audi, but I think Mercedes just to buy me new gaskets dont justify everything that iv had to go though. If Mercedes just owned up to there lies and told me about the oil leaks, I would of probably agreed to get the work repaired. But by them turning a blind eye to it and making it a complete nightmare for me in the past week is just a joke.
    I do think there should be some bit more compensation on Mercedes part.
    I am in direct link with both dealer managers.

I'm in full sympathy with you, and then some, but can I offer a few alternative suggestions. I understand that you are moving inter-state and you need your car. Also, from that I would expect you are time poor, to say the least. Getting revenge may not be the smartest thing right now. It'll distract both parties from completing the agreement that you have settled on.

Why not focus everything on them completing what has been agreed to your full satisfaction before you leave town. Be a real PIA in ensuring the agreement is fully met. Loan vehicle while yours is in for repairs etc.

Car dealers have skin like a Rhino and no shame so they're experts at dealing with this sort of stuff. Way better than you, I would expect. My advice isn't to over do it, get your car fixed as the one and only priority.

What do you expect to get from any further angst other than possibly a bit of satisfaction. Dealers in general are no better than Politicians and they are largely Teflon coated. Bird in the hand sort of thing, and sometimes older people have been there before too. After all, there are only two options, come out of the egg knowing absolutely everything about everything and just get stupider with age or alternatively, hopefully learn something as time passes. Good luck with the best outcome.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Sorry but I dear you to find any audi deal who has a loaner car right now lol I called every Audi dealer in my area and non of them could offer a loaner car.
    The most they offered me was a Uber ride back home lol literally thats all that was offered me while my car was in the shop.
    Iv come to a good agreement with Audi Richmond but still not satisfied by Mercedes at the moment and is still in the works on compensation.
    The most I’m going to ask them is for a full parts list for 150,000km service including coil packs, thermostat, water pump and so on.
    Being that they portrayed this vehicle as fully serviceable, now leaves me in question as to how well has this car been taken care from.
    Even though that I was assured that this car was very well known because it was a car of one of their best costumers.
    Even a full ZF8 service kit would be nice to be offered

I know how you feel, but this isn't their "first rodeo".. They've been down this road before. How many time? Probably a few...

I would say there is nothing 'extra' they are going to give you at all, as in their mind, they don't have to. I think also that they are used to being abused/threatened online, and take that with a pinch of salt.

What you can do is lodge a formal complain with the ombudsman, so at least they will have that on record.

Maybe ask the for discounts on spare parts, new mats for the car, or something smaller, so that you DO actually get something that they can easily right off. Anything above that is probably going to cost you much more in time and effort (and stress)!!

I'd just get everything fixed or parts supplied and labour discounted off purchase price or something else and move on from this all. Car dealers are up there with lawyers etc.

Avoid the stress.

This is my request to Mercedes

“After speaking with Audi and what would need to be done, Iv been advised that if oil is most probably coming out of the valve cover area, it could mean either there is a leak in the gaskets, or a issue with the PCV system.
    Iv been advised to replace the PCV unit and include gaskets, being that this is a common problem with this job. A job of that involvement would consist of of taking the supercharger off. They also advised if that was the case, it would be a time to replace your thermostat and water pump being that they will have full access to these items and it is at that time for them to be replaced. Another recommend is that it would also need a full carbon clean while the intake manifold would be removed. “

“I Have removed a few items that they had recommended to replace such as new coil packs, spark plugs, and filters, but I much rather provide these on my own terms. So it has lowered the original quote.
    This also dose not include how much they would charge for labour being that I will be conducting this work my self.

Being that I have had to put up with so much inconvenience between two service departments, I believe its a fair compensation to supply not just the required parts for the oil leaks, but also enough parts to give me a peace of mind that this car is going to be in a complete serviceable condition that I was originally promised. “

I think from all the lies and deceptions iv been though, I think this is a fairly reasonable compromise dont you think????