Thread: Help recalibrating ESP?/ABS

Default Help recalibrating ESP?/ABS

Hi all, does anyone out there in Brisbane have any experience with re-calibrating the steering angle sensor, ESP and ABS on a B5 S4 or similar. Or know a garage/mechanic who does. To make a long story short, clockspring fell in my lap during a steering wheel change and I initially got in back in misaligned. So everything freaked out. I have have gotten it back in and aligned, but cannot get the ESP/ABS to re calibrate. Have followed various recoding procedures using VAGCOM and gotten part way--i.e. ecu sees steering angle sensor as pointing straight ahead, but cannot get past that point and get rid of the ESP and ABS lights. I do not have any other fault codes either. Any help would be appreciated as I am at my wits end... Cheers, Jeff
    B5 S4 Avant. Stage 3 etc, etc...

You could give Mike at Prestige and Performance a call and see if he can help/do it for you..

Do a google search for Bob Hawtin or MFSW Conversion Allroad, he wrote a fairly detailed procedure regarding recalibrating. You need login and re-code codes, listed in the article. You could also try the RossTech wiki.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro